ok i have an RG7321 and i was wondering what would be the beifits of putting a Floyd Rose trem on it, i love to play with the whammy bar but i like the 7-string that i have, and i am on a tight budget. so i am asking would it be worth it??
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!
to me, a floyd on a 7 string is useless, but if u wanna throw 200 bones to put it in, not to mention the extra routing required for it, then go ahead.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by hendrix_128
to me, a floyd on a 7 string is useless, but if u wanna throw 200 bones to put it in, not to mention the extra routing required for it, then go ahead.

Why is a floyd on a 7 useless? Its just the same as having one on a six ...
to be more specific. putting a floyd on that particular 7.. well it wouldn't be useless, but the costs involved wouldn't be worthwhile unless you're willing to do everything yourself.

if you think about it, the floyd itself probably starts at $200, then taking it to a shop to fit the floyd on would also cost an extra $200, plus you'd be out a guitar for about a week or so.

so.. roughly $400 to fit a floyd onto a guitar that costs $400.

for $800, you could probably get a nicer guitar with a good floyd already on it like a schecter, agile, and other ibanez models.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^Agreed, it would be much better to sell it and look into a used RG1527, 7620, or 7420 rather than all the money put into an RG7321 with a floyd on it, and if you're doing it yourself and if you haven't before, I personally wouldn't wanna take that chance on ****ing it up, and getting a tech to do it would be expensive.
ok i've taken my RG7321 into my local Guitar Center to see if i can see it back to them and the most they can give is about $150 cause they have too many in stock.
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!
It just wouldnt be worth the hassle man, getting a guitar routed for a floyd isnt cost effective. Look into an old RG7420/7620 if you fancy a cheap alternative to a floyd'd 7.
Quote by afi666
ok i've taken my RG7321 into my local Guitar Center to see if i can see it back to them and the most they can give is about $150 cause they have too many in stock.
Keep it and save for another 7!!!

Quote by hmmm_de_hum
It just wouldnt be worth the hassle man, getting a guitar routed for a floyd isnt cost effective. Look into an old RG7420/7620 RG7620 if you fancy a cheap an inexpensive and HUGE BANG for the $$$ alternative to a floyd'd 7 with the best trem ever, the LoPro7.
*fixed*

You can snag one from $350 to $500 in very good condition with a HSC.

^ Yup,7620 is the way to go.They can often be had for cheap on sites like Ebay.I saw one on there the other day that was basically a case queen,not a scratch on it,going for 550 USD.I actually just picked up a 7621,which I believe is the non-trem version of that guitar for 400 in great condition with the OHSC and EMG 707 pups,so shop around,good deals are out there.

Edit: The 7621 was also painted a deep candy orange right before it went up for sale,it looks pretty sweet.Relevant to this thread? No,but sweet none the less.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 18, 2009,
tbh my friend has as 7 string carvin with a tremelo and it sucks... i tried using it once and it broke a string the neck tension was so tight.
Quote by PixieDust13
tbh my friend has as 7 string carvin with a tremelo and it sucks... i tried using it once and it broke a string the neck tension was so tight.

That could be a shoddy set up you know...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by PixieDust13

When i raped my friend's RG7620's bridge i didnt break a string and it was my first time using a floating trem, so it was either you or your friend's guitar.

And +infinity to hmm_de_hmm and Ippon, that's exactly what i was thinking as i was reading this too