I also posted this on harmony central so i copy pasted my post:

hello everyone,

I have a C-1 Blackjack and a Epiphone Les Paul with both a emg 81 in the bridge position. There is only 1 problem: my schecter has this very irritating, un-tight hum sound and I am wondering how i can remove this.

When i play metal stuff and palm mute it doesnt sound and feel right. It's muffy and dull. The les paul sounds much tighter when i palm mute and is less muffy bassy.
I recorded both guitar with the same sound so you can hear what i mean:

Schecter:
www.mendelb.com/Schecter.wav

Les Paul:
www.mendelb.com/Paul.wav

Anyone know what the problem is ?

Thanks,

Mendel
Too much gain? I'm sorry, but i can't really notice anything bad.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
I didn't notice anything bad. But it's probably that ur palm is closer to the bridge on your schecter
Different string gauges could be causing that, pickups too..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by Mendulb
Are you guys serious ?

The Schecter rings out more and the tone is more bassy then the Les Paul's.

Yes it does ring out more but that's not a bad thing, and it's probably got to do with where you place your palm on the bridge, which is the same reason it's more bassy.

Also a Schecter is not the same guitar as an Epi Les Paul so they will sound different

Perhaps why you think this is a bad thing is because this is the part of the palmmute that doesn't sound very much like what you hear on CDs etc. , but it's also there with the Les Paul sample just a bit less. It's got much to do with your amp and guitar settings too.

Is this an amp you're using? If so what kind?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
the schecter sounds better, but its probably just where you're placing your palm, if you move your hand up the palm mute wont ring out as much
Yeah they both sound good, the schecter is just a different guitar so, despite same pups/amp, they will have some change in sound. Aside from alternate tunings, thats why most people use two different guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
the c-1 is a 25.5 scale
your les paul a 24.75 thats whats making the difference
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
First of all thx for te replies!
The patch i used here is my custom Hatesphere patch ( its on customtone.com )
Both guitars shared the same patch.

@ adam144: both guitars have same gauge and pickups.

And I am suprised that "im bored" thinks the schecter sounds better.

Could you specify what you think is better ?

My jackson ( which is about 1000 dollars ) sounds almost the same as the les paul. Also the les paul has more sustain then the schecter.

Anyone know how this may came ?
A software distortion like that will make your guitars sound almost the same. If you'd plug the three of them into a tube amp you would notice the difference alright.

Comparing guitars and their sound pays off most when you use actual amps. Usually what most modelling does is it makes crap guitars sound a bit better and good guitars a bit less good. Which is why Line6 is such a big name brand among lower-end guitar users
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73