Im about to go see a rated R movie and i just turned 17 but i've still yet to get anything except my Learners Permit as an ID. I was just wondering if i can still prove that im 17 with a Permit or do i have to have a License?
Does it have your date of birth on it? If it does then it should be enough.

Edit: and not to brag or sound like an idiot, but they used to let me into R rated movies way before 17 so you shouldn't have a problem either way. Unless your movie theater is really strict.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
If they know your birthday, they know your age.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by KGB_INC
if it doesn't have your b-day on it, just grow a beard?

This! It actually works! I've had a chin strap (not exactly a full beard but it worked) since I was 15 & was only ever asked for ID once!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by #1 synth
A mustachioed man is always over 21. Always.
wrong, actually. My friend is the hairiest person in the whole school and he's only year 9. Looks it, too.
They're not going to ask for ID.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
If you've got facial hair thats anything more than 3 strands on your chin they generally let you in without a hastle. If you hold yourself well enough they usually don't care, unless of course you have a baby face, then they might ask for identification.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
i remember my first beer...
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by LedZeppelin

I disagree.

At one point when I was seventeen, I went to and R-Rated movie with some buddies of mine. At the time, I had noticeable facial hair and imo, I looked my age (maybe older). I had my ID checked twice, first when I bought the ticket, and second when I went into the theater. Same thing happened to my friend that night.

Certain theaters are really picky about that stuff. It all depends on where you live.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I've never been carded trying to get into R rated movies.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
grow some stubble on your face. it doesn't even need to be a full beard. you could probably buy cigarettes the same way.
i've never been id'd at a theater. infact when i was 15 i went to R movies and got in fine. it's no big deal
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I'm 17 with no license or permit. I get in to R rated movies everytime. If you look the part, they'll let you in.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I have to say I've never been carded, I remember going to see Scary Movie by myself when I was like 13 and I didn't get carded, I wasn't even thinking about it and I was like "holy shit"
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by LedZeppelin

Ah. Good thing you know the procedures of every theater in America.

I've been thrown out of R-rated movies that my mother bought the tickets for.
You're*
Cut one of your legs in half and make em count the rings
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by gunners fan
This! It actually works! I've had a chin strap (not exactly a full beard but it worked) since I was 15 & was only ever asked for ID once!

Does not work.
I'm 17, have a full beard, and i get ID'd for 15 rated products.

So many grow beards young to try and look older, it no longer works.
Quote by Survivalism
Ah. Good thing you know the procedures of every theater in America.

I've been thrown out of R-rated movies that my mother bought the tickets for.

Whatever. I've been going to R-rated movies with friends my age since I was 15. I've never been asked for ID.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Cut a limb off let him count the rings
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Random88
Cut one of your legs in half and make em count the rings

How the **** did you beat me too that?
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I dident know you HAD to be 18. I thought the rating were mere guide lines for what might intrest you. hmph you learn sumthin new everyday
The only time i was asked for id well my cousins wife was visiting and she went "We've come all the way from another country to watch this movie... " and that's all...they let me in

Me being helpful: use a passport copy or a birth certificate copy.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Jan 18, 2009,
We don't really have r-rated movies here so I don't have that problem, everything is bumped down to pg-13, the issue of not being able to go see a movie has never even occurred to me...
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian