Well I am a proud owner of the Bugera 333xl as of a week now and I don't have any regrets. I like the tone that I get, its a huge step up from the pod xt live... :P The only thing im concerned about is the hiss on the lead and crunch channel but I have ordered my ISP decimator which should be here soon =) Still looking for people to bias the amp in calgary (can't find anyone yet!) Anyways, yeah, im pretty happy. I also got the MH1000 deluxe (original floyd rose, 81/85 set) and the combination sounds kickass =) Time to post in the Bugera militia =)
Heya,
Same set up as you!
Bugera 333xl (swapped tubes for 6l6s) and isp decimator g string

I gotta say though, Amp is so badass when you have EMGS Lead channel and 6l6s!! You'll love it!

But im not a HUGE fan of the Decimator, sure it does its job but the Boss Ns-2 has a decay knob which i find more effective. It's still awesome though

Put 6l6s in!!!
you're in calgary?
i can't seem to find any b00gs,
where did you get it?
and, PICS!
Quote by CityKid
you're in calgary?
where did you get it?
and, PICS!

Sorry guys I was a bit busy before (cough bugera cough) but I will put some pics up soon, also I bought my bug at axe music in Calgary I don't think they have any more left eh, just call em or go to 4040 Blackfoot trail we
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by BC_Warlock
Can i ask, what kind of music do you play?

Hard rock/metal/old school metal/sometimes classical on acoustic LOL. Pics are coming soon guys, as soon as I get a break from my f,ing engineering courses -_-
Ah so another engineer from U of C. I'm currently on my internship at a place near where Axe Music is, also in engineering. Congrats on the amp.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
haha good to see another engineer who owns a bugera 333XL. im at virginia tech tho so its a good distance away. do you think that swapping out the 6L6's made a huge difference. would you recommend it? also I have the ISP noise decimator and it takes all the unwanted crap out of the amp without sacrificing any tone. I do have that hiss tho, just turn up the noise gate all the way up on the amp and it takes care of it for me.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
do you think that swapping out the 6L6's made a huge difference. would you recommend it?

You'll get more low end and headroom. 6L6GCs will get you into a more "mesa" territory.

I personally like the EL34 bark, but I play a lot of wide saturated sus chords. I like how the EL34 compresses...You get instant crunch attach but sustained chords ring loud and clear.

It's all a matter of the sound you are looking for.

Edit: I'm a 3rd generation civil engineer.
Last edited by BeerChurch at Feb 3, 2009,
^I can get very convincing, dropped tuning metal tones with EL34s thru a 4x12 cab. However, a majority of the concensus would say the 6L6GCs will give you the smooth low end and headroom you are looking for that type sound.

For Lamb of God - you'll notice more of improvement with a closed back cab, (especially a 4x12) than you would with a tube change.

But a tube change couldn't hurt. That's the great thing about tube amps, there's all these different nifty little valves you can pop in and suddenly a whole you get a whole new revelation of sonic capabilites.
Quote by CityKid
you're in calgary?
where did you get it?
and, PICS!

axe music my friend
also TS your gonna hate your amp by the end of the year, everyone loves a new amp for a good couple of months then you start to see its negatives and bugera amps have ALOT.
Quote by convictionless
axe music my friend
also TS your gonna hate your amp by the end of the year, everyone loves a new amp for a good couple of months then you start to see its negatives and bugera amps have ALOT.

I've had mine almost a year (April). It sounds better everytime I plug in!

The only negatives I see, besides Bugeras "wonderful" QC, is now every begining guitar player can afford a LOUD high-gain amp.

Yeah...just what we need...more crappy renditions of Iron Man at 120watts of tube power.

Quote by convictionless
axe music my friend

im sorry have you owned a bugera for an extended period of time. then shut the **** up and sit down. i own a bugera 333xl and its awesome. yes its not the best but before you sit on your soap box and tell everyone to get a mesa realize some of us live with our heads out of our asses and cant drop 3000 on an amp. were gonna hate our amps by the end of the year, well i hate you now

its was the end of the year and i still loved it ass
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.