i noticed a lot of slipknots songs and a couple of breaking benjamins songs are in drop A and i know that you can simply tune your strings down but can you buy certain strings that can also do this or somethin else like that?

any help will be greatly appreciated
Sorry, the only way to tune down... is to tune down. You can get heavier gauge strings to help with tension, but nothing is going to magically put you in drop A. Oh, and if you get heavier strings, make sure you set truss rod, intonation, etc.
to drop tune you gotta get heavier strings. if you go down really low, like C tuning, Drop A, etc. normal guage strings will get really loose/flappy. the heavier strings counter that.
The easy way to tune is do tune down. the proper way is to set up your guitar in that tuning (intonation, new heavier strings, truss rod adjustment, etc.)
Quote by acetherockstar
i noticed a lot of slipknots songs and a couple of breaking benjamins songs are in drop A and i know that you can simply tune your strings down but can you buy certain strings that can also do this or somethin else like that?

any help will be greatly appreciated

buy a LP robot
they have D-Tuna to drop the low E a full step
im pretty sure it would work to drop to Drop-A from B Standard
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
for Standard A B or C i would get at least 12, maybe 13s. String brands are a matter of preference.
Drop A tuning?????

Just chuck the guitar out the window and go buy a 6 string bass guitar.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by CitizenErased78
Sorry, the only way to tune down... is to tune down. You can get heavier gauge strings to help with tension, but nothing is going to magically put you in drop A. Oh, and if you get heavier strings, make sure you set truss rod, intonation, etc.

This Will...