I'mm looking into traveling after highschool. Not just going on a trip though. Living and working in a country for a few months then leaving to the next country.

I was thinking a working holiday visa is what i should get BUT im not sure. By the looks of things, you can only get a visa for one country at a time and that wont help me as i dont want to come back home after each country, i want to keep going on. And i would have to so i can apply for another visa.

SO what im trying to find out, is it even possible to go country to country, working a and living there? If the visas dont permit this, is it doable without the governments help?
You realize who your asking...correct?
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by goest
Depends. Do you have money pouring from your ass?

Well, im going to work for a half year or full year full time before hand. It;s not like im going to stay in beautiful hotels though, ill be hosteling. Or hooking up with other people and renting out a flat or something, cuz that happens apparently.
Quote by skaterskagg1
can i come with you?

If your have the money to, then yeah sure, the more the merrier.
Quote by death_rider
Well, im going to work for a half year or full year full time before hand. It;s not like im going to stay in beautiful hotels though, ill be hosteling. Or hooking up with other people and renting out a flat or something, cuz that happens apparently.

Well...having never done it...I'd say it's a fools run. But that's because I'm lovingly pessimistic....
Look for cash in hand work. Hostels and bars quite often employ travelers without a working visa.

I'd recommend writing to a bunch of hostels in the places that you'll be staying and tell them that you're willing to work for full board and possibly a bit extra. And even if a hostel can't give you work (for whatever reason), they're usually pretty good for recommending ways to earn money (with or without a valid visa).
Im sure you can get a ****ty job and get payed under the table.. so you wont need a working visa.
Sounds interesting. Just be careful you dont flaunt around your nationality. Not a good time to be American.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Quote by agreth_3rd
Look for cash in hand work. Hostels and bars quite often employ travelers without a working visa.

I'd recommend writing to a bunch of hostels in the places that you'll be staying and tell them that you're willing to work for full board and possibly a bit extra. And even if a hostel can't give you work (for whatever reason), they're usually pretty good for recommending ways to earn money (with or without a valid visa).

Thanks for the knowledge

It sounds like its actually possible.
Quote by r3conmarine90
Sounds interesting. Just be careful you dont flaunt around your nationality. Not a good time to be American.

Im Canadian, we are loved.
Quote by r3conmarine90

I guess asking the pit wasnt the best place for answers. The majority of the users are 16 and under