Page 1 of 4
Is there anything about you that makes you stand out from your band or other bass players? act differently on stage? you dress different( they in suits, you in shirt in a tee) they mellow and you jump crazy? a effect pedal?, they way you play?)

for me it's my left handed bass, i get looks like how can he play that or awesome! left handed bassist?
the way i play, hardcore, unique, and crazily, i jump around, i slap, i do lots of fills. its also cuz im awesome
Try adding more delay.
I play audibly. Thats an accomplishment around here, especially with bands that kids in my area form. As soon as i put roundwounds on my jazz bass, i got into a fight with my guitarist because he kept turning down the volume on my rig meh im leaving anyway.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
i stand mainly bc i can play guitar bass and drums better than anyone in my band
Quote by ltd v100
i stand mainly bc i can play guitar bass and drums better than anyone in my band

We share a common outstandingness.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
i have no hands
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis
i have no hands

You must have a huge keyboard to type, either that or you use your toes, or other unnamed parts of the body.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
when i do play bass i use more distortion then their is monkey **** in my basement.
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Steven E
when i do play bass i use more distortion then their is monkey **** in my basement.

Me too.... I use a clean tone exclusively.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
there are only 3 people in my band. so if i don't stand out then I'm not on stage.

either that or funk improvs with my drummer between songs
I play bass!
Quote by guitarmaniac88
We share a common outstandingness.

as do i XD

good to be awesome
Try adding more delay.
I play and provide a good backing section with interesting lines, write songs with fills of bass and drums, guitar and bass, or horns and bass. I play in a ska band btw. I am mellow because I want people to recognize my playing and not how I act on stage. Music is about music. Nothing else. IMO.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm Asian.

there you go. skin color.

i stand out cause im black and i play bass left handed with a righy guitar.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I stand out because I sing the majority of the harmonies, also because I play a fretless.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
well basically my band looks like abercrombie models that should be on the beach

I wear stretch jeans, patched up jackets, studs and chains.

and I go crazy and play good stuff ( in my opinion) because ska bass is sickk. =]
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
i'm 6'3" lol it helps and i use strictly wireless systems so i really stand out when im standing on a pool table or bar at a pub lol
Keep On Keepen' On
I'm a bassist. around here that counts. and i use a tube amp and get it so there's a very very slight grit. very slight.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by JessyB96
i'm 6'3" lol it helps and i use strictly wireless systems so i really stand out when im standing on a pool table or bar at a pub lol

I'm 6'6"

I WIN!

I also have shoulders... big, manly, shoulders.

I also jump and jive like all those kids and their swing jazz.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
It doesn't make me "stand out" at all, but it makes me different than the people I just started a band with, because I never play the same part in songs, for the most part anyways. I'll get a basic thing down for each song but just do a bunch of improv fills anytime I get the chance, so I'm never repetitive. That's about all I have going for me.
I'm 5'4", with very short hair and I'm female. When you play with people who are male and all over 5'11" you tend to stand out even before you've played one note.
My ATK's bridge blinds everyone in the first 5 rows.

And I'm the only member of the band with dreadlocks., that make people notice me even before we start playing.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
my basslines are very involved. also i use distortion and a bass wah which is uncommon in my town. i live in a town filled with pop punk bands.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
^ I can relate.
That and awful metal bands.

And as alot of people have said, being a bassist really sets you apart from most people in Lurgan/Newry area where I'm from.

I should add... being a good bassist.

Most of the guys I know who play bass are what I like to call 'root notes and confused looks to the guitarist' guys.
i look around with a totaly bored look on my face, looking at silly things like roof fittings, sometimes i go for a stroll across the stage, recently i haven't been able to do this due to having a 3ft long lead..
this is only when playing covers, we haven't got any songs of our own sorted yet.
of the 3 bassists in my school, i am the only one who doesn't insist on slapping all the time and the only one who doesn't think "pff picks are for noobs" (that is an actual quote)
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Jan 19, 2009,
I stand on my hands and pluck with my teeth.

HA

I actually just play bass, i play as good as ican, and i dont showe of and make a fool of myself.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Because I'm 5'5" and playing a big, heavy 5 string. Also, I don't play like every other 15 year old and just play Face Down over and over again.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I know how to play my instrument and can do more than just root notes and can keep good time. Unlike many bass players in my area.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm the biggest metalhead in my band? I wear Maiden t-shirts for gigs? I play guitar better than one of the guitarists in our band?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I can gallop better than the guitarists.

I can headbang for MUCH longer than my other band members... people are surprised I haven't done any damage to my neck yet.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
My stunning good looks.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by sam_ofzo
And I'm the only member of the band with dreadlocks., that make people notice me even before we start playing.

Lucky.

Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
God I remember the days when I had dreads.
Constantly irritated scalp, itchy face... they certainly were good times.
Coupled with an undercut I could safely say that I stood out in the crowd.
Last edited by Casketcreep at Jan 19, 2009,
I'm really sexy. I wear a big sign over my head with "LOOK AT ME" printed on it.

I make frequent mistakes to alert the audience to my existance.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Don't really need to, at the end of the day I'm the one who writes a lot of the lyrics and a fair amount of the music.
As long as the song sounds good, and the band as a whole put on a good show, what does it matter if people are looking at me or not?

Not that I stand at the back looking bored, I dance about a bit and look out into the crowd, but given that my guitarist has dreads and the singer is really, really good, they're going to get the attention first.
Page 1 of 4