Ok, I ordered some EZ lok tuners, a mirrored single humbucker pickguard, and some roller saddles (impulse buy, I dont realy think theyll do much). I plan to get a graphite nut and straplocks eventually but I can pick those up at a music store.

I also want to put LEDs under the pickguard and run the battery to the back and clamp it to the tremclaw or something so its out of the way and I dont have to take off the guard to get to it. I plan on putting some kind of spacer under the pickguard at every screw to leave room for light to get out and drilling several smaller holes around the pot hole so light shines from under the pot (the holes would be covered by the knob, but the light wouldnt.) I dont know anything about LEDs so if someone could help me out with a diagram

The pickup is a dimarzio tone zone. I want to put a threeway switch for split-kill-full humbucker. Ive got a diagram for how to wire the switch...but I forgot to note which wire comes from the switch to the volume pot...and I cant find the diagram again

Here it is in its current state, the switch is just a killswitch right now

edit: well not exactly like that anymore, but close enough to give you an idea
Last edited by livrockdie at Jan 18, 2009,
I do not recommend putting leds under the picguard unless its fully transparent, because light wont go out. I do not like the Idea of drilling unnessesary wholes to the pickguard.

To wire leds if your doing more than 4, just put the negative of each led to the positive of the next one, and connect it directly to the battery, the negative of the led to the negative of the battery and the positive of the led to the positive of the battery.
The pickguard would have some kind of spacer under it to let light out if I did it.

So if I have more than four leds I dont need resistors or anything? Also what kind of battery would you use for that? 9 volt?
Quote by livrockdie
The pickguard would have some kind of spacer under it to let light out if I did it.

So if I have more than four leds I dont need resistors or anything? Also what kind of battery would you use for that? 9 volt?

Yeah 9V should do. No, for more than 4 leds I dont think you need resistance.

Use this anyways:
http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator
Yeah, in a series circuit, the voltage adds up around the circuit, so each LED would recieve 2.25 volts if it was connected in series with a 9v battery

Most LED's ive seen run off about 8.3 or 6.3 volts, i'd consider putting them in parallel, so they each get 9v, but you might have to play with resistors to get it to the optimum voltage depending upon what LED's you have.

It might put alot of strain on the battery depending on the current drawn by the LED's

look into it more, let me know what LED's you got.
lol@u
Ok, the stuff showed up today. Im probably not going to do the leds, and if I do it will just be around the pickup.

I ordered some of the wilkinson ez lok tuners and the tuners on my strat have no visible screws on the back and the wilkinsons do. How can I make sure I line up the holes right so my tuners arent crooked?
Ok, its done. I didnt do the leds because withought doing all kinds of other stuff it wouldve only shown around the pickup. I got the tuners pretty much straight, at least they look pretty much dead on to the naked eye. Im sure if I held a straight edge up to them one would be tilted slightly...but you cant really tell.

I decided to set up the trem floating and put a piece of foam under the springs to keep them from vibrating:

I also switched to .11 guage strings, so my action is medium-high

I accidently ordered two pickguards so I wired one up for my friend to put in his squire