If a dotted quarter note = 126 on a tempo on a piece of sheet music, what would that be on an eighth note?

Like im trying to transcribe some sheet music to guitar pro, and it says (q). = 126.

on guitar pro, the only measure for tempo is an eighth note.

its in 12/8 time btw.

thanks!
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Multiply it by 1.5 for quarter notes, I'm pretty sure Guitar Pro has quarter note tempo.
Last edited by pwrmax at Jan 18, 2009,
so about 190?

thanks man
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I'm not sure how right I am, but i think since it's a 12/8, a dotted quarter note is almost like a regular quarter note in 4/4 (if this makes sense). So if you're putting it into guitar pro (depending on the version, i've only used guitar pro 4) I would just put in 126 and make it in 12/8. Hope this helps, if I'm right.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
^
That would work if he retranscribed the music into 4 4 time, but if it stays in 12 8 then 189 quarter note would be the appropriate tempo.