coo
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
are you in drop D by chance, not bad btw. i chuckled at Bum note
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
i am in drop D for some of it. near the end i think i tune up to standard, i forget now.

I hate that bum note -_-

But thanks for the comments
Great playing man. It was funny how you can almost see through your strumming hand when you are playing. Almost like an effect. Sorry, just kidding.

Great playing and nice guitar.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Nah i dont listen to slayer much. They scare me to be honest xD

What does "fizzy" mean?

Thanks for the comments guys
Fizzy tends to mean that there's fizz present in the described noun....

Haha in all honesty, it may be your camera, there was some fizz, try turning your distortion down a tad, you could use just a tad more clarity and it'll be a very nice tone, what amp/effects are you using?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Zoom GFX 5 Multi effect processor into Kustom Double Barrel SS 2x12 combo. Im just using a built it mic on my laptop. Although, i thought the mic was pretty good considering its a pretty expensive laptop. But anyway, ill try turning down the distortion a bit and see if that helps.
Oh yeah, then its probably your mic mainly, most bands do use less distortion than you think though so it can't hurt to turn it down a hair. It was probably mostly the mic though, listen to the video and see if it sounds very similar to that in real life or if there's less clarity on camera
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Well i know on the first clean bit near the end i noticed a lot of crackly and stuff. But it doesnt really sound like this in real life. Ill try and turn down the distortion and make a tone test kinda video and tweak some stuff. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
Last edited by ¤TabMaster¤ at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
I just uploaded a video of me playing my new Agile AL-3100 to youtube. I would like some tips on what i can do to play better.

You ought to use a metronome or drum machine if you're not already.

Your playing seemed to be all power chords, open chords, some riffs. Since you didn't
demonstrate much more, you may want to expand your knowledge in other ways. If
you just want to play the kind of stuff you're playing that's ok too, but at some point
everybody gets bored with what they know. Making sure you're always expanding your
horizons, helps keep your playing fresh.
Thanks for the comment, edg. I do get bored of playing all power chords and open chords sometimes, but i dont really know what else to play. Im not a very good lead player at all, but im working on learning my scales and stuff now. What else do you think i should play to be a more rounded player?
Very nice guitar!
Pretty good playing too.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
The videos of people playing unholy confessions never ends on youtube.

But try and mix up your playing, if your into metal learn some more death metal style riffs, that will really improve your picking hand.

Also practice improvising to backing tracks in those scales your learning. You will start to think more musically on the instrument that way.

But good playing and nice guitar.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Thank you, gucio93.

And also thank you, Necrophagist.
Would you be able to name a good "Death Metal" band to practice riffs from? Im not to familiar with that genera of music.

Also, I've been using backing tracks a bit, but every time i try to solo over it i only use one position of the scale, no matter how hard i try to break free from it. Im using the E Minor Pent scale and just cant change positions very well.
All depends on what you want to do. Scales is a good place to start. Learn some solos.
If you want to learn improvisation, I'd recommend starting with blues first. You don't
have to like it, you don't have to want to play it, but because it has influences in so
many places and because you can get going at it with the minimum of theory, it's a
good thing to learn.
What scales should i use for blues leads? I know a few solos like the first solo to Knockin on heavens door, thats a fun one to play for me.

Thanks for the tips edg and others, i think this is really helping me.
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
Thank you, gucio93.

And also thank you, Necrophagist.
Would you be able to name a good "Death Metal" band to practice riffs from? Im not to familiar with that genera of music.

Also, I've been using backing tracks a bit, but every time i try to solo over it i only use one position of the scale, no matter how hard i try to break free from it. Im using the E Minor Pent scale and just cant change positions very well.

What tuning are you going to play in? Because most death metal is tuned really low except for Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Death and a few others I can't think of right now.

The reason i recommend death metal is I didn't see much alternate picking in your playing.

Although you may not be a fan of the vocals or lyrics, cannibal corpse is a great place to start as far as practicing death metal rhythm playing. Most of the songs are in Eb as well.

I Cum Blood is a great song to start on. Lots of Fast Tremelo Picking, tempo changes and its really fun to play.

And if you want to learn some solos, thrash bands like Megadeth have some great solos that aren't too crazy but sound awesome.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
Hmm, i'll look into some Cannibal Corpse and Necrophagist. Thanks for the recommendations.

If you can play a Necrophagist song my friend, I will bow down to you. They are by far one of the most technical bands in existence. No offense but they might be a bit out of your league. I know they are out of mine. But it would still be good practice.

Here is a good example of their playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DND8S_CF_g&feature=related

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
If you can play a Necrophagist song my friend, I will bow down to you. They are by far one of the most technical bands in existence. No offense but they might be a bit out of your league. I know they are out of mine. But it would still be good practice.

Here is a good example of their playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DND8S_CF_g&feature=related

rofl. NO chance im playing that. But ill work on it. Thanks
Death tunes down a step I believe, they're also my favorite death metal band..out of the few death metal bands I listen too, they're the best.
Usually I dont like death metal, but i guess i dont have to like it to play it. Ill give it a go, the least it can do it help with my alternate picking. Thanks guys. I've got some work to do
Quote by Rave765
Death tunes down a step I believe, they're also my favorite death metal band..out of the few death metal bands I listen too, they're the best.

Agreed. R.I.P Chuck.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Way to get better?

Become right handed.

Kidding.

Nice playing. However, I think you misplayed Unholy Confessions.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Could be. I learned it by ear, and my ear isnt to good yet Thanks ofr the comment. I'll check the tab and see if im doin something wrong.
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
Could be. I learned it by ear, and my ear isnt to good yet Thanks ofr the comment. I'll check the tab and see if im doin something wrong.

Its the very end i'm talking about. You don't go through the whole little "main riff", its supposed to cut off after the hammer on pull off part and go into the deh deh.

lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Nice ****ing guitar by the way...Pretty much convincing me to never buy anything from epiphone when I can get similar quality for less...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Ah yeah. I know i wasnt supposed to hit that open E at the end either, but im pretty dumb, what can i say :P

Also, awesome Jackson.

haha thanks. Funny i commented about your Jackson and you commented about my Agile the same time.
Last edited by ¤TabMaster¤ at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
What scales should i use for blues leads? I know a few solos like the first solo to Knockin on heavens door, thats a fun one to play for me.

Thanks for the tips edg and others, i think this is really helping me.

Tradition blues is based on the minor pentatonic and/or blues scale. I say "based on"
because other notes and/or scales are almost always added in.

Blues is basically a I7-IV7-V7 progression. Almost ALL of it. Therefore if you know
that single progression really, really well, you'll find you can play to almost ANYblues
song there is. Personally, I can only take listening to blues for a short time for that
very reason, but that's blues for ya....

While blues has about the easiest and consistent framework to play over, it can be
quite subtle to get good at it. You can't simply play pentatonic and sound good. It's
a format that really forces you to listen to the chords. Any good improviser does this
with anything anyway,but blues will give you 3 chords to deal with over and over,
which makes it a good framework for improvising practice.

Just about ALL improvisational frameworks are rooted in the Blues. Rock, metal, jazz
or whatever else you want to do. If you can play it well, you'll be well prepared to
understand everything else.
im not sure what the "I7-IV7-V7" is about. But i'll work on learning my minor scales. I have a quick question though. To solo to a song in the key of E. I want to use the E Minor Pentatonic, and i've started to memorize all of the different positions for it. Do i only use the scale and change positions? OR what do i do :/ I know this should go in the music theory section, but its been started here so i figure.. heh, what the heck.