Which, in your opinion, is the better multieffects pedal?
Either way, I wouldn't be using the distortions/amp and cab emulators very much at all, as I'm really happy with my amp's tone (Laney GH50L). I'd just like some chorus and compression on my cleans, some reverb on my leads and some other assorted effects that I can bust out if I need to.

I can get them both for around the same price (second hand), but I wanted to know your opinions first.
I can try out the ME-50 whenever I like, but not the GT-6.
Does one suck more tone than the other? Is one more reliable? Is there a difference in quality of effects?

Thanks in advance,
Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
I've never tried the GT-6 but I did buy an ME-50 not too long ago and I must say I'm very happy with it. It has very nice chorus and reverb effects as well as a nice mod pedal with several different settings. It's got a very simple user interface and definitely holds a wide variety of sounds, allowing you to really play with the settings and sounds to fine what you like. I definitely reccomend one.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Thanks for the response.
Does anyone have any sound clips?
I've looked on youtube, but most of the clips on there are recorded with a video camera, so the audio is pretty poor.
Member of the Laney Cult
Ok honestly, the GT-6 is what $500? (I'm totally guessing here so don't be all "GRR WRONG" if I am) and with that money you could buy all the pedals you'll want seperately.

If all you need is chorus, compression, reverb, and some other pedals I would STRONGLY recommend you buy indivudal pedals. They will sound 1000 times better then if you buy a multi effects pedal, especially if your not gonna use the amp and cab simulations. That and its a lot easier to navigate which effects are on and off in a stage situation.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Ok honestly, the GT-6 is what $500? (I'm totally guessing here so don't be all "GRR WRONG" if I am) and with that money you could buy all the pedals you'll want seperately.

If all you need is chorus, compression, reverb, and some other pedals I would STRONGLY recommend you buy indivudal pedals. They will sound 1000 times better then if you buy a multi effects pedal, especially if your not gonna use the amp and cab simulations. That and its a lot easier to navigate which effects are on and off in a stage situation.

I thought hard about getting stomp boxes, but I can get either the GT-6 or the Boss ME50 for $300 AUS, and considering an average Boss Chorus pedal is about $150-$200 over here, it'd be a bit hard.
But thanks for your thoughts anyway.
Member of the Laney Cult
If it was good enough for Opeth, I'm sure it'd be good enough for me. Therefore, I'd choose the boss GT-6.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar