Poll: Who do you think will win?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who do you think will win?
Cardinals
162 39%
Steelers
252 61%
Voters: 414.
Page 1 of 10
Well UG, it all comes down to this for the Super Bowl.

32 teams entered the season in late August, and now only 2 remain.

The Pittsburgh Steelers vs. The Arizona Cardinals in Tampa, Feb. 1st.

So, who do you guys think will win? (All Super Bowl discussion here)
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Last edited by Freezer Burn at Jan 18, 2009,
Coming from a die-hard Ravens fan, it takes a lot of humility for me to say this, but the Steelers def. played a better game tonight. So that, plus the fact that the Cards have never been to the Super Bowl before (let alone won one) is enough for me.
Go Arizona!
This sig is
Steelers FTW!

Tampa Bay? TSN said New Orleans. I guess I wasn't paying attention.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Last edited by Arch Enemy 65 at Jan 18, 2009,
Arizona all the way.
Isnt thos their first conference championship since like pre-WW2?

EDIT: And wtf man. They're playing in TAMPA, not Tampa Bay. They'd be a bit wet if they were
love is love // return to dust
Last edited by tancanada at Jan 18, 2009,
Im still in shock that the Cardinals are in the super bowl
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
If the Steelers win a 6th superbowl, their fans will actually convince themselves that they have the winningest tradition in the NFL or something like that. Which is/would be ridiculous. And everyone else would never hear the end of it.

Fortunately, they have to play the Cardinals. (Note: that was fun/strange to say)

I see a 'Zona win.
Quote by Rasta Dogg
Coming from a die-hard Ravens fan, it takes a lot of humility for me to say this, but the Steelers def. played a better game tonight. So that, plus the fact that the Cards have never been to the Super Bowl before (let alone won one) is enough for me.
Go Arizona!

Im a Pittsburgh fan, and I found the last few minutes hard to watch. Im a football fan over any team, and seeing McGahee go down like that was really hard to see. The Ravens played well, it was a very good game.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
I'm a Browns fan. All I need is for the Steelers to win the SuperBowl.

Go red birds.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Im still in shock that the Cardinals are in the super bowl

so is Shannon Sharpe, he shat a brick

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Why is it that my two favorite teams had to lose? Leaving me with absolutely no choice?

Oh well. I say Steelers, they played a better game considering my Eagles had some balls play calling and throws, along with the defense kind of moping around the first half.

yeah
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
I'm going for the Cardinals.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
steelers definitely. it should be a great game though, if the cardinals play as could as they have been
Cardinals!

I grew up in AZ and I hated the cardinals, then I moved and i still hate them!

But I hate The Steelers more than anything.

So, Cards all the way!!
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by tancanada
Arizona all the way.
Isnt thos their first conference championship since like pre-WW2?

EDIT: And wtf man. They're playing in TAMPA, not Tampa Bay. They'd be a bit wet if they were

It's their first in the franchise's history.
Quote by BaconFrenzy117
Im a Pittsburgh fan, and I found the last few minutes hard to watch. Im a football fan over any team, and seeing McGahee go down like that was really hard to see. The Ravens played well, it was a very good game.

I know especially if you saw his knee injury in the National Championship a few years back.

EDIT: I forsee a Pittsburgh win.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Last edited by gilbs73 at Jan 18, 2009,
Steelers. Done.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
The Cardinals have one a title before, its just been forever. I think it was before Truman, which was I think pre-WW2, when they were in Chicago I think. The Cards have played great in their games, thanks to an amazing Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner. I havent watched alot of Steelers games, but I have faith in the Cardinals. Especially if their other reciever, idk his name, but hes been hurt recently, is healthy. Its probably gona be a really close, really competitive game, but im picking the Cards.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Jan 18, 2009,
The Cards HAVE TO WIN! The Steelers CANNOT WIN!

Steelers are obviously stronger, but I think Warner can take the Steelers front 7, and Fitz can torch any defender in the history of the game at the moment.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Steelers got this. I'm an Eagles fan, and as long as Arizona get their dreams crushed then I'm happy.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
I believe the Cards will take it, it might be because i want them to take it but the way they avoided the blitz today and the way Warner and Fitzgerald are hookin up, they seem unstoppable.
You cool man?
Quote by JewMasatFlex
It's their first in the franchise's history.

+1

Yeah, pre-WWII they did beat the Eagles in the NFL championship, but there was no NFC or AFC, it was NFL and AFL, two separate leagues that never looked at each other.

EDIT:

Not pre-WWII, it was during WWII.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by RNRSoldier
Steelers got this. I'm an Eagles fan, and as long as Arizona get their dreams crushed then I'm happy.

Nice logic.
love is love // return to dust
Can anybody stop the beast that is Larry Fitzgerald? that my friends IS the question that will decide this Super Bowl
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Ok, just throwing this out there..but am I the only one that gets reminded of an overweight owl when I see the Eagles coach ? I think its just me..
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I like the Cardinals, so I definitely want them to win.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Fitzy won't have to be stopped, the Steelers are gonna put Warner on his back all day long.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Let's see I'm an Eagles fan and we do hold grudges so... go Steelers.
Jump in my fire, I'm far beyond driven.

amp--- Peavey Vypyr 15 (fucking love it)
Quote by Orlando01
Can anybody stop the beast that is Larry Fitzgerald? that my friends IS the question that will decide this Super Bowl
Regardless of who wins or lose, Fitz deserves MVP. The guy is just ridiculous.
I got my money on the Cardinals. As far as I'm concerned I think if the Eagles won they would have won the Super Bowl. The Ravens are good but the weakest out of the four. The Steelers are good, but when you got Warner and Fitz your chances are quite good. If they play the Steelers like they played the Eagles, they'll win for sure. They just have to be consistent.
Quote by RNRSoldier

True I suppose, I'm an Eagles fan too, but come on, Steelers have the most Super Bowl wins. The Cardinals haven't won since 1947.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Ok, just throwing this out there..but am I the only one that gets reminded of an overweight owl when I see the Eagles coach ? I think its just me..

I hope the Steelers win it because I'm still bitter about Atlanta losing. That said, if the Cards take it I'll be happy for them/their fans.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee

Oh Reid? I was thinking more along the lines of a walrus.
i don't get it. it seems by post submission it's split on who everyone wants to win but the poll says pittsburgh has a commanding lead.

i think it's time to stop writing off arizona.

they literally STOPPED the 2nd and 3rd best rushing teams in the league in Atlanta and Carolina.

Given Delhomme gave them the game, but you still can't say that Arizona can't win.

they just took the eagles (who btw beat the defending champs a week ago) grabbed them by the balls and twisted them so hard it was 24-6 at halftime with the best receiver right now in Larry fitz already had 3 TOUCHDOWNS.

i understand pitt hits harder than philly (look at corey ivy and mcgahee) but you cannot write off arizona.

but to contradict this whole statement im from the philly region and am a eagles fan so go steelers!

but seriously give them some more credit.
Guitars:
1991 Fender American Stratocaster
2008 Dean Ml '79

Amps:
Egnater Tweaker
Fender G-DEC 15

Pedals:
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop 535Q Chrome Series Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
Ibanez TS-808
I'm still bitter about the Chargers losing so go Cards.
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Steelers. No doubt in my mind.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Cardinals.

Pittsburgh has a good defense, but they will not be able to contain Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston for an entire game.

i think Arizona has a good enough defense to keep the Steelers offense contained.

i think it will probably be a close game.

my score prediction:*

Arizona-27

Pittsburgh-24

*note: i reserve the right to change my score prediction at any time before the actual game starts.