Page 1 of 2
Okay, here's the question.

So my mate's girlfriend recently broke up with him, and since she's like my best friend(and has been since we were kids) she came to cry on my shoulder (well, metaphorically, but you get the idea). I suggested that she take up a new hobby to get over him, and she told me she'd always wanted to learn guitar. So I agreed to teach her.

Now here's the catch. We may be best friends, but I've also wanted her for ages and I have a feeling (i.e. not the Pit monkey feeling that every chick wants you but doesn't want to tell you because she's intimidated of your awesomeness) that she may feel the same way about me. May being the operative word, but I'm not always wrong about these things.

My question is, should I use the fact I'm teaching her guitar to show her how I feel about her? Or just let it go and pick up drunk chicks at parties as I always do?

tl;dr- Best friend who I've loved for ages broke up with other friend, wants me to teach her guitar, thinking about using that to get inside her pants.

And I don't think it belongs in the relationship thread because it covers more ground.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The guitar thing isn't really an easy way to do it, everyone seems to think it's a great idea but half the time the girl just wants to learn guitar, not get hit on. Teach her, and after the lessons, invite her out for coffee or drinks or whatever you do. Use that to build something real.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by shadow__666
Okay, here's the question.

So my mate's girlfriend recently broke up with him, and since she's like my best friend(and has been since we were kids) she came to cry on my shoulder (well, metaphorically, but you get the idea). I suggested that she take up a new hobby to get over him, and she told me she'd always wanted to learn guitar. So I agreed to teach her.

Now here's the catch. We may be best friends, but I've also wanted her for ages and I have a feeling (i.e. not the Pit monkey feeling that every chick wants you but doesn't want to tell you because she's intimidated of your awesomeness) that she may feel the same way about me. May being the operative word, but I'm not always wrong about these things.

My question is, should I use the fact I'm teaching her guitar to show her how I feel about her? Or just let it go and pick up drunk chicks at parties as I always do?

tl;dr- Best friend who I've loved for ages broke up with other friend, wants me to teach her guitar, thinking about using that to get inside her pants.

And I don't think it belongs in the relationship thread because it covers more ground.

Answered your own question, but to be honest go for it, and next time, Relationship thread
That's a breach of the Bro-Code. And you've been zoned, by the sounds of it.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by Sid McCall
The guitar thing isn't really an easy way to do it, everyone seems to think it's a great idea but half the time the girl just wants to learn guitar, not get hit on. Teach her, and after the lessons, invite her out for coffee or drinks or whatever you do. Use that to build something real.

Right on. The Wise One Speaks In Truths.
Sell the girl.
Eat the guitar.
F**k the pizza.

no, wait.....

-edit-
Sounds like relationship thread material, BTW.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Isn't there a rule against that? That's wrong..wrong!
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Just be sure you know what you're doing. Lord knows we don't need another guitarist without proper technique.

Anyway, I envy you, because I've always had fantasies about teaching female friends guitar, and, well, you know how it goes...
Rule of six's man

according to this situation looks like you have to wait 6 months
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Your zoned dude, sorry
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by Holy Katana
Just be sure you know what you're doing. Lord knows we don't need another guitarist without proper technique.

Anyway, I envy you, because I've always had fantasies about teaching female friends guitar, and, well, you know how it goes...

Just like pr0n?
Quote by dio_dude
It looks like your in the zone at the moment, TS....

haha
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by Thepoison92
Just like pr0n?

Yes...

Girl: Hey, I need help fingering this A7sus13b9 chord. How does it go again?
Me: I can tell you need help fingering something else, too... *starts playing funky riff on guitar*
Girl: Is that based around D7#9?
Me: Damn, I love a girl who knows her theory.
*we promptly start making out*

I really need to get laid.
Do it.

and I love you guys that piss and moan about always being in the zone..being the "best friend that chicks cry on" but never 'like' Have you actually tried telling her that you want more than a friendship? She is not psychic...MAYBE it would work better if you tried telling her you liked her.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Do it.

and I love you guys that piss and moan about always being in the zone..being the "best friend that chicks cry on" but never 'like' Have you actually tried telling her that you want more than a friendship? She is not psychic...MAYBE it would work better if you tried telling her you liked her.

It's just that I value her as a friend, and I don't want to tell her straight up that "I like you as more than a friend" with the fear that she'll slap me in the face and walk away and I won't have her as either a friend or a girlfriend.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Rule of six's man

according to this situation looks like you have to wait 6 months

this. looks like somebody knows their man laws
well i'd say this. teach her the guitar or whatever she wanted you to do, and since you'll kind of be doing the whole bonding thing in the process see if she wants to come out for drinks or something after lessons. teach her a moderately hard song once she gets good enough and celebrate her by taking her out and getting her drunk... and celebrate you by banging her drunk a** lol.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
If you've been friends since you were kids, chances are, that's all you will ever be. It's the sad truth. I've seen waaayyyy too many guys LOSE friends because they asked their friends out on a date.

Your friends with a girl, then you ask her out. She suddenly feels akward because, the answer will, generally, be no. Because of the extreme akwardness she was feeling around you, she might, and probably won't, think of you as a friend anymore. I asked a girl in my class out once, it took me a whole year just to get her to talk to me again and it isn't just me. I've seen many people screw up that way.

Trust me, man, you're friends, don't ruin it.
Quote by shadow__666
It's just that I value her as a friend, and I don't want to tell her straight up that "I like you as more than a friend" with the fear that she'll slap me in the face and walk away and I won't have her as either a friend or a girlfriend.

Oh I wasnt talking about you pal ..you didnt do what I explained in the slightest. That wasnt for you.

But good luck. Either way it takes balls. Do you think shed really drop you as a friend over that though? Maybe im just more understanding than others..but it wouldnt really effect my friendship with said person. Lets hope your 'feeling' end up for the better
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
go for it, you'll never know if you never try.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

the first few lessons, see how much she's into the learning and how much she's into you. then, make your moved based off of that.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Well the GOOD answer was is post #3. But if you wanna take a blind shot, here is the first song you teach her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahL9c-YvNA
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Don't risk ruining the friendship. If she wants you let her make the first move otherwise you'll seem like a jackass.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Don't risk ruining the friendship. If she wants you let her make the first move otherwise you'll seem like a jackass.

This is what I'll probably do. I don't want to lose her as a friend and I've decided it's not really worth it.

I don't care about the bro code though; he's going to a different uni and we aren't gonna be seeing each other much.
Quote by Cathbard
Yea, and girls always suck the fun out of guitar anyways.
And not my penis.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Be sure to ask about her fingering technique.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Wait... Has noone noticed that the first two repliers both have Pikachu avatars?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Holy Katana
Yes...

Girl: Hey, I need help fingering this A7sus13b9 chord. How does it go again?
Me: I can tell you need help fingering something else, too... *starts playing funky riff on guitar*
Girl: Is that based around D7#9?
Me: Damn, I love a girl who knows her theory.
*we promptly start making out*

I really need to get laid.

Just give her an ultimatum. Either go out with you or y'all aren't friends anymore. You have to show her that you're an asshole or else you'll be in the friend zone forever.
Page 1 of 2