is Love or Confusion in the key of D? or is D some kind of root note?

and how the hell could anybody ever tab out that song? or not just that song, or Hendrix for that matter.
but it strikes me cuz i'm listenting to Hendrix right now, and now "may this be love" is playing, and the same thing is going thru my head. there's such a pronounced melody, but how do i figure out what key its in? and even what string/fret he's playing?
or even more, what the chords are being playing over it?
i mean, power chords are pretty easy to pick out. but beyond that i'm lost?

thanks for the insight
actually i can help what key its in first you need to know what notes hes playing and i dont mean fret number you need to know if hes playing a through g and then you need to know what the key signatures are like key of d has f sharp and c sharp hope that helps
have you ever been to
www.rockprophecy.com

look thru the site, there's a lot of esoteric Hendrix-as-Prophet insight. and a very interesting book, and a bunch of videos. i'm not affiliated with the site in any way. i just think its a very interesting site for Hendrix fans
Quote by DKMfreak410
actually i can help what key its in first you need to know what notes hes playing and i dont mean fret number you need to know if hes playing a through g and then you need to know what the key signatures are like key of d has f sharp and c sharp hope that helps

yeah, i'm assuming he's in standard concert pitch, and standard tuning. and i caught that the D-note is very prevelant, and seems to be accentuated thru-out the song. i'm also assuming that my guitar is tuned to A-440 as well.

most of the time, i just cant even judge whether i've got 2 notes that are 1 whole step or 1.5 whole steps off? even if i've got my guitar in my lap at the same time.... trying to figure it out right there.
Last edited by sethp at Jan 18, 2009,