I need a bit of advice. What do you think i should do with this? How should i end it?

EDIT: Complete song posted further down
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Attachments:
Folk2.zip
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 30, 2009,
Continue with a nice folk like melody while fading the instruments out/thinning out the sound by reducing the texture in the music like taking some bass notes out or take it out completely or the same with the drums.

That's my guess.

Can you please crit my piece?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048706
hehe wow dude that was funny and cool at the same time and I don't mean this in a bad way but i haven't laughed like that since i first heard korpiklaani. but the XianXiuHong's idea is probably the best and makes alot of sense
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
hehe wow dude that was funny and cool at the same time and I don't mean this in a bad way but i haven't laughed like that since i first heard korpiklaani.

I'll defenitley take it as a compliment then. I love Korpiklaani, and i know they're ridiculous...and i know my peice is too.
thats cool your a korpiklaani fan if you ever record that song though let me know cause it would be awesome to here it without all the midi sounds
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
hehe wow dude that was funny and cool at the same time and I don't mean this in a bad way but i haven't laughed like that since i first heard korpiklaani. but the XianXiuHong's idea is probably the best and makes alot of sense

Lol, i felt the same xD

This piece ROCKS. Can't really think of bad things to say.. =[

As for the ending... *thinks* Not really my genre, haha. I just really love this piece, if it were on real instruments too, i'd certainly be prepared to buy it. I love the contrasting tones throughout the piece etc. 'Tis good.
This thread needs to listen to more Finntroll.
Good song man, not much to crit. Great upbeat folk.
edit: as far as outros go, I'd say play the acoustic part in the intro and end the song on the 78997 chord.
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Jan 22, 2009,
Catchy main theme! Liked most of it, some things though:

The harmonizing in fifths in the end phrase (measure 20 etc) sounds quite awkard. I'd try something with thirds.

I dunno wether it's supposed to be peformed, but if you're going to have a flute for woodwind instrument, you'll need a damn good flutist for the 2a "flute solo", what with the big steps and going into different octaves all the time (a pain on the flute). Also right now it feels a bit like it was written for a guitar and simply cramped in on a flute.

Loving the switch to 6/8! However, shouldn't it be 195 bpm to be exact? (130 x 1,5) Not like it matters much anyway!

As for where to take it from where you are, I'd say a re-intro kind of thing could fit nicely. For the rest of the song, something in dorian perhaps? Oh and one final thought, you could have the accordion joining in the melody on the main theme from time to time for some variations.

If you C4C, I'd be glad if you critted either "And so I walk" or "Our Fading Hope" (has a folk feel to it ), links are in my sig.
Quote by descara

I dunno wether it's supposed to be peformed, but if you're going to have a flute for woodwind instrument, you'll need a damn good flutist for the 2a "flute solo", what with the big steps and going into different octaves all the time (a pain on the flute). Also right now it feels a bit like it was written for a guitar and simply cramped in on a flute.
Yeah, i don't know anything about flute... it was written just to sound kinda folky, not particularly for flute, i just ended up using flute because it sounded good.
Quote by descara

Loving the switch to 6/8! However, shouldn't it be 195 bpm to be exact? (130 x 1,5) Not like it matters much anyway!

Fixed it, thanks

Quote by descara

As for where to take it from where you are, I'd say a re-intro kind of thing could fit nicely. For the rest of the song, something in dorian perhaps? Oh and one final thought, you could have the accordion joining in the melody on the main theme from time to time for some variations.

I'll try it out.

Quote by descara

If you C4C, I'd be glad if you critted either "And so I walk" or "Our Fading Hope" (has a folk feel to it ), links are in my sig.

Sure thing.
Its finished. Thanks for all your help, but i kinda used descara and dminishedthingy's ideas.

Here it is ig you wanna hear the final product.
Attachments:
Folk2.zip
okkkkkkkk that was funny, in a good way!
u might laugh at me, but it remind of an iron maiden song, but i cant remember wich one.
my idea on ending this would be: on bar 79, 80 just keep the piccolo and the bass playin and mute everything else
crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056844

Edit: i just saw the second upload, it ended better that way, never mind what i said
Last edited by tiammetadeth at Jan 30, 2009,
I've been having a pretty ****ty day.

That song changed all of this.
Last edited by AA00P at Mar 6, 2009,
Great song!! I love Korpiklaani and this is easily just as good as their stuff. I can't really think of anything that needs changing. Perhaps you should record it with some real instruments (guitar at least)? Once again, great job!!

Do you mind returning a crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081697
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
This is amazing my friend.

Has a very strong Korpiklaani and Trollfest vibe going, and I love it. Hell, I love YOU for writing this.

<3.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
This is amazing my friend.

Has a very strong Korpiklaani and Trollfest vibe going, and I love it. Hell, I love YOU for writing this.

<3.

Sigged