I'm looking for a program that not only lets you create your own drum beats, but also play the guitar. I guess it would be kind of like a Guitar Pro type of program, but you could have distortion, wah effects, etc. Kind of like playing the guitar on the computer, only you have to think everything out before hand.

I'm doing this to test a few ideas. If anyone has any info on where I could find something like this please let me know!
garageband??
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
If you write it out in Guitar Pro then use Audacity to edit it you might get what you are looking for.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
I've gotten programs from download.com that add effects. I don't remember what they're called, but they're probably the top few programs on there. Get a free trial and then buy the program if you like it.
Moved to R&R, I think you'll get better responses here.

Also, I think you need to be a bit more specific... do you want to record the guitar, or write it out using tab software and apply effects to that?
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I'm trying to write out my own music using software and apply effects to it. So rather than recording a guitar into my computer (since I have a ****ty amp and no recording equipment), I could write out the notes and make a song on the computer. I could then add effects like distortion, wah's, etc. to the notes to compose my own song.

It would basically be the exact same thing as Guitar Pro (where you can write notes) but it would have built in effects modelling, which basically would simulate guitar amp.

I should be able to add drum beats (and create them) as well as synths and base.
check out reaper: "REAPER is a fully featured multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment" it's free to try and quite competent at what it does . it also allows you to insert effects on your tracks in real time. just google it and take a look. any questions just give us a shout .

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/overlapping/