Just out of curiosity. Who knows what Tomas Kalnoky, of Streetlight Manifesto, uses for equip?

I know he has a Gibson ES-335 Satin Finish, but no clue what else. I don't hear alot of effects really aside from distortion and such. This is just something that I've always wondered, and I can't find any answers anywhere. So aside from the ES-335 what does he have? Anyone?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
The 335 into a Mesa Boogie Rack (very simple, not sure what's there, but it isn't a lot) and a Single Rec Head on a Marshall 1960A cabinet. I've seen them a thousand times, nothing ever changes. His backup guitar is another 335, and after that an Artcore S series. His acoustic is a 3/4 size Takamine with that rubber hole plug that stops feedback. Also, Orange Dunlop tortex picks (I caught one).

Was that fast/detailed enough for you?

Edit: The satin finish is a replacement for his old one, which was the non-satin version of the same guitar. All their stuff was stolen a few years ago. He also has a wireless system, no clue what type. That's on the rack as well. Actually, thinking back, the rack might just be the wireless system, tuner, and a drawer for accessories and no amps at all.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 18, 2009,
Ha ha. Wow thanks very much. I've always wondered but never found anything. I've only seen them twice and could never get close enough to really see, the shows were packed beyond all else. Well I guess that's the end of this thread. Thanks much Sid McCall.

Edit: I thought the one that got stolen was his Ibanez AS73? Or was that the robbery before?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Last edited by JF-SH1 at Jan 18, 2009,
I just saw that on his wiki, but I'm pretty sure it's still there. I creep his gear every time I see them, and I feel like it was there last time. Maybe he got another one or something? Anything else, just ask. I have quite a few connections with them (more so with Catch, I'm buddies with Ryan Eldred IRL).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Maybe. I know if my Schecter Gryphon got stolen I would buy another.

Damn you are a lucky bastard. Ha ha ha. I was also actually wondering where they picked up Peter McCullough? And his rig. I am a bassist at heart with a secondary interest in guitar. I've always loved Streetlight's bass lines, no matter who plays them, Josh, Chris, or Pete. Just love it all the same.

If you couldn't tell I am a giant Streetlight fan. They are my favorite band, by a long shot.

Yeah, they were my favorite band for years, but in the end I'm a Catch > SM guy, I can't explain it but that's just how it is. There's something immature about SM that I can't quite place.

But as far as Pete, here's what I've got:
Used to be Warwick Thumbs, moved to Stingrays for this tour(both 5 string). SVT Head, 8x10 cab. He has an upright that he whips out from time to time for BOTAR songs(4 string).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Really? Immature? Huh. I always I thought the exact opposite. Ah well, to each his own.

Thanks for all the answers. I usually don't care much for artists gear, but with Streetlight, they are different than most bands and so I treat them as such. So here is a question. How would you think A Schecter Stilleto Studio 5 Fretless and an Acoustic B200 amp with maybe an additional cab compare? As a cheap alt to Stingrays and SVT Head and 8x10 Cab.

Well, here's my thought (as a bassist): That setup would be perfect for getting that sound. Honestly, I have no idea how he gets that tone with a stingray and an SVT. That's the Less Than Jake/Anti-Flag tone. The schecter is a great bass, my friend has the 4 fretted, and it's great. I haven't used an Acoustic yet but it should be good. Maybe a Hartke but minus the aluminum speakers?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Yeah. I've played the four fretted version as well and it is amazing. The Acoustic is great too. I play it everytime I go to music shops, if they have it.

I know that Roger of Less Than Jake uses a Stingray and he uses a pick, which is kinda opposite of Pete. Cause Pete uses fingers right?

I've been saving up for a while to get this rig. Cause Schecter makes high quality and I've used the fretted version to even get Jaco's Continuum out with the Acoustic. I just need about a thousand bucks.

Edit: Never played a Hartke. Are they good amps?

Last edited by JF-SH1 at Jan 19, 2009,
http://www.moshcam.com/#?page=player&type=gig&id=307
Check out this concert, you can hear his new bass rig very clearly. Super trebly.

Hartkes are awesome amps, especially for punk/ska on a budget. I use one when I can't get my hands on the Orange.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Damn that is a sweet video. That is way more treble than I usually hear. Maybe he's playing closer to the bridge?

That's just what a stingray+svt sounds like. No way around it, hah.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Ha ha wow. Well I am more of a smooth bass, alot of bass, alot of mids, and some treble. I turn up treble when I need to pull out some harmonics, but if I am feeling lazy I just move closer to the bridge to get the harmonics then move back up.

I wonder how long we can go on talking about basses before someone tells us to move this to the bass forum? Ha ha. Well I think the vid is sweet, and Pete is an amazing bassist, but the stingray seems kinda eh... Shouldn't buy gear just cause someone else uses it.

Well, I love that bass tone with all of my heart, but it just doesn't fit in with SM in my opinion. Stick with the fretless and the acoustic, should be killer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Yeah, I think I shall do that. Thanks for your input and answers and such. I learned more in this last hour or so than I have in four months on my own.

Well I'm glad the last 5 years of me being an obsessive creep finally paid off! Hit me up any time for anything, dude!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Ha ha, well thank you for being an obsessive creep, Is it cool if I add you as a friend?

I already sent the request about ten minutes ago!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Ha ha alright. Cool. Well I'm jonesing to go play my bass now. So I think I shall do that. Thanks much man.

No problemo. I can't believe two of us filled an entire page...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass