Song is uploaded in my profile. Of course it is C4C.

So one of my first songs I've written, not really sure of the genre, would help if you guys could say what genre it'd fit in best.

This is just two guitars right now, drums will be up later when my drummer puts a track to it and there might not be any bass or vocals for awhile, so there's just guitars right now.

I know it's off tempo at times but I just want to know what you guys think of the song, and the guitar parts, if they, you know, sound good.

Thank you in advances for crits, comments and replies.
i think you should check out this band called explosions in the sky.
youd love them.

but cool song otherwise, minus the obvious off temponess.
sounds beeast, it wouldn't hurt if the transitions were a little smoother, cool choice of chords though. definitely check out explosions in the sky as the last guy said. one thing i would highly recommend is the use of more dynamics, (loud and soft). it wouuld add a TON to the song. sounds good man!
loved the tone of the guitar. really good stuff. the off tempo thing needs to be worked on. and to me it needs to be more dynamic (throw in some soft drums and a bass line after the intro bit for example). good job mate.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/overlapping/
Last edited by overlapping at Jan 19, 2009,
Thanks for the crit.

You got something really awesome here. There are a few tempo problems that you already know about, but the actual content is really interesting to listen to. Tone of the first guitar is great. What amp are you using? Breaks up really nicely. In terms of tone for the other guitar though, I think it breaks into its part a little strong. Perhaps add a little bit more bass to it, or possibly reduce the volume/overdrive. I think It'd sound a lot better less over-driven.

You could even experiment with different effects on it, like a phaser or something.

Structure wise it's pretty good. With a drummer it'd sound way cool. It seems like the kind of song perfectly suited for it. With vocals, even better. I'd work on the repeating structural bits a little bit though. Maybe check some songs within the same genre and time how long each part it. Verse, bridge, chorus etc...and how often they repeat. See how often yours do and maybe adjust it.

Overall though, I'm really impressed. Can't wait till you get that drummer I'll be sure to keep a look out for it!
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Thanks for the crit man

Your song is really good. But man u gotta put some words to that. It has some powerful guitar playing and I think it would sound awesome with some lyrical melody. Keep it comin!
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Quote by mooshoepork
Thanks for the crit.

You got something really awesome here. There are a few tempo problems that you already know about, but the actual content is really interesting to listen to. Tone of the first guitar is great. What amp are you using? Breaks up really nicely. In terms of tone for the other guitar though, I think it breaks into its part a little strong. Perhaps add a little bit more bass to it, or possibly reduce the volume/overdrive. I think It'd sound a lot better less over-driven.

You could even experiment with different effects on it, like a phaser or something.

Structure wise it's pretty good. With a drummer it'd sound way cool. It seems like the kind of song perfectly suited for it. With vocals, even better. I'd work on the repeating structural bits a little bit though. Maybe check some songs within the same genre and time how long each part it. Verse, bridge, chorus etc...and how often they repeat. See how often yours do and maybe adjust it.

Overall though, I'm really impressed. Can't wait till you get that drummer I'll be sure to keep a look out for it!

Hey man, thanks for the crit. Solid advice.

I'm actually just using a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. I played with the settings late one night, and I just couldn't believe the sound I got from it. So I wrote the main parts of the song, recorded the next day and now I've got it permanently set on the first channel now. :P:

I'm playing a Jackson DX10D Dinky Electric through my Voc Valvetronix AD30VT on the treble pick-up with the built in delay more specifically. Actually love the tone I'm getting from this set up.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
Hey man, thanks for the crit. Solid advice.

I'm actually just using a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. I played with the settings late one night, and I just couldn't believe the sound I got from it. So I wrote the main parts of the song, recorded the next day and now I've got it permanently set on the first channel now. :P:

I'm playing a Jackson DX10D Dinky Electric through my Voc Valvetronix AD30VT on the treble pick-up with the built in delay more specifically. Actually love the tone I'm getting from this set up.

Ah sweet. I have an AC15CC1 I have played an AD30VT though. They sound pretty awesome.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.