If you were to choose between each of these guitars, which would you pick?

I went to my local Best Buy and got a hold on both of these. While the Fender felt better, the G400 seemed to have a heavier sound. I don't ever play blues. Mostly stuff similar to Coldplay and Radiohead.
Telecaster x 1000
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well i know johnny greenwood from radiohead plays a tele. i mean, they are two totally different guitars. my personal preference would be a tele. but its whichever one suits your needs best
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Johnny Greenwood in radiohead uses a modded tele. Did you plug either in? Feel is a huge part but if it doesnt get the sound you want move on. The tele had single coils, right? It can't do metal well like that but since you play radiohead, it should get that sound okay. I didnt like the g400, felt like more of a toy than a guitar to me
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Johnny Greenwood in radiohead uses a modded tele. Did you plug either in? Feel is a huge part but if it doesnt get the sound you want move on. The tele had single coils, right? It can't do metal well like that but since you play radiohead, it should get that sound okay. I didnt like the g400, felt like more of a toy than a guitar to me

this
Your first problem is you went to a Best Buy to look at guitars. This is sort of like going to McDonalds to look at new cars.

You need to get yourself into an honest-to-God guitar store, not someplace that has a snotty-nosed 17 year old selling memory sticks and DVDs and has no idea how to tune the thing to concert pitch. The guitars they sell in those places ARE toys. Surely you have a local Guitar Center or independent guitar store. Yes?
Tele pickups are a LOT hotter than most people think. Plug 'em into a nice heavy amp and you're set.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by KG6_Steven
Your first problem is you went to a Best Buy to look at guitars. This is sort of like going to McDonalds to look at new cars.

You need to get yourself into an honest-to-God guitar store, not someplace that has a snotty-nosed 17 year old selling memory sticks and DVDs and has no idea how to tune the thing to concert pitch. The guitars they sell in those places ARE toys. Surely you have a local Guitar Center or independent guitar store. Yes?

One of my friends returned his TV for a american strat and it didnt feel like a toy
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
i had both, now i have one

tele >>>> sg by farrr man. you get the classic tele twang, but also can get pretty nice distortion out of the pickups, believe it or not
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1