Hey, I am really buzzing right now. I was just told the Schecter C-1+ that I just bought was actually owned by Joe Walsh before the guy I bought it from. Apparently the guy bought three of his guitars from his guitar tech and sold the other two cause he liked this one the most. Its in absolutely flawless condition-- not a single scratch anywhere, no wear at all. By the serial number, it was made in 2003.

Now I want to know more about Walsh. Anyone know what guitars he has used?

I have a hard time believing the first electric guitar I bought, for a ridiculously low absurd price of $280, was owned by a successful professional musician. That ran for president. Someone up there sure does love me...

PS: I was told the the C-1+ was bought from a tech named Victor.
Last edited by Xenodius at Jan 19, 2009,
Bull****.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Joe Walsh uses whatever comes with an endorsement check. No offense to the guy, he seems nice and I dig his music, but I've seen him endorse so may things it means nothing to me. One week he'll be on the front page of the Carvin website, the next he'll be talking up how awesome the LP Standard is to GC, and I swear I saw him recently endorsing some really obscure brand...

Anyways, I wouldn't get too worked up about the guitar. Mr. Walsh can get a guitar from any company in the world he desires so the odds of him feeling some sort of attachment to a production line Korean made guitar is slim to nil. Even if he did actually play, which is also highly improbable, it was likely for about ten seconds before it was stored in a case and forgotten about like one of his many other guitars. Just sayin...
Last edited by T!AN at Jan 19, 2009,
Well, I've heard that Joe walks into guitar stores, feels the necks of guitars, and if he likes them, buys them. I don't know exactly how true that is, but he definitely has a lot of guitars! I saw him in concert last year and he used a different guitar for every song. Ones I specifically remember are a black Les Paul Custom and a Fender So-Cal.

As to him endorsing anything and everything... well, basically, it seems. I've seen the stuff for Carvin, I've seen the stuff for Gibson. I've seen him play at a Fender anniversary concert of sorts (it was on youtube) and I've seen pictures of him playing a Zemaitis, and a PRS. He seems to be the kinda guy that just buys a guitar and rolls with it till he finds another guitar he's never tried before...

Regardless he's my 3rd favorite guitarist, behind Marty Friedman and Paul Gilbert.
He's absolutely right. I saw the Eagles live on the Long Road out of Eden Tour. He changed guitars literally every song. I saw a lot of Carvins as well as maybe a Schecter or Ibanez of some sort (I'm not up on all the pointy metal guitars) and, most shocking to me, the Zakk Wylde Signature LP. No lie, EMGs and all. He just has eclectic taste is all.
Jimi Hendrix > All

Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone Les Paul (SD JB + 59)
Epiphone Dot (Dirty Fingers + 57 Classic)
Yamaha FG700S Acoustic

Crate V-18 212

Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Sovtek Big Muff
Boss DS-1
Boss BD-2
Boss BF-2
Not sure if he uses it much, but I have seen a few pictures of him with a Duesenberg Starplayer TV.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Gibson Special Faded SG
Tokai LS-80QZ
Tokai Talbo A-130SH
Duesenberg Starplayer TV Outlaw
Takamine EG530SSC
Peavey Classic 50 410
Yeah, I know he definitely wouldn't have played it much if he did own it, but it's still cool. I wish I was given some sort of verification.

As a beginner guitarist, I will definitely get worked up when someone tells me I own a guitar owned by a presidential candidate rockstar.

Rich guys tend to have a boatload of guitars. With little/no regard to price. And Schecter seems to make great value guitars, not gaudy name-brandy types.

IIRC, its Bellamy from Muse that has a cart that someone drives on the stage with racks of guitars on it. He uses a different one for each song too.

Anyway... Thanks guys, that's about what I expected when I calmed down! xD
i know he uses carvin and les pauls, but never heard of him using a schecter
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I saw the eagles in july 2006 in cardiff, the last night of the farewell I tour. I don't really remember what guitars he used (i couldn't see them that well except when the cameras were on him because i was pretty far back). I seem to remember a lot of guitars which i had no idea what they were but i later found out he endorses carvin and assumed that a lot of them would have been carvins (and indeed they were)

Pics? If it did belong to joe walsh, i'd probably recognise it.

edit @ I poke badgers: I vaguely remember a black les paul with a bigsby used on songs like lifes been good (may have had F-holes), and a fender SoCal red and white thing which he used for slide on songs like the long run and heartache tonight.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube
edit @ I poke badgers: I vaguely remember a black les paul with a bigsby used on songs like lifes been good (may have had F-holes), and a fender SoCal red and white thing which he used for slide on songs like the long run and heartache tonight.

I recall the black Les Paul having gold binding and accents, I don't remember if it had a Bigsby or not. No pickguard I'm pretty sure... I was a bit far away. The Fender So-Cal I remember he used on the slide sections of Rocky Mountain Way, which was his 1st encore song.
Quote by Blompcube

Pics? If it did belong to joe walsh, i'd probably recognise it.

I have pictures in my profile under gear. Thankyou for looking. Also, you can't see it, but on the backside of the guitar, on the electronics plate, someone sharpied a sort of backwards E followed by an S, and a regular E. I know for a fact those aren't the initials of the guy I bought it from. I just noticed it a while ago.

It really is in fantastic shape for a 6-year old guitar, not even the tiniest surface scratch. I hate to touch it... anywhere. It still has the warranty card, case key, and everything. It was never actually registered with the card.

The C-1+ is a good guitar, but I seriously wonder if any professional artists actually use generic Schecters... I imagine they all get customs.

I have no reason to doubt that the guy I bought it from told me the truth about where he got it; he told me after I bought it, not before. Unless he just likes spreading BS for no good reason. At any rate, I think its cool-- even though I have to take it with a grain of salt. And even though I know it doesn't really mean much.
I was just watching Crossroads on CMT and Joe was playing a Schecter for the slide parts of Rocky Mountain Way w/ Brad Paisley. I was surprised myself and googled Joe Walsh Schecter and found this thread.
I wouldn't put it past him. I've seen Joe live 4 times, he's sort of a hero of mine. He's used mostly Carvin and Fender, but I've seen him play with a couple Parkers and Charvels before.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last video I saw of Joe Walsh, he was using a hybrid Tele/Strat made from Warmoth parts.

And there was really no need to bump this thread after three years.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Best video I've seen of Joe Walsh. He usually comes off like somebody's drunken uncle!
NecroBUMP'D...

Quote by monk2672
I was just watching Crossroads on CMT and Joe was playing a Schecter for the slide parts of Rocky Mountain Way w/ Brad Paisley. I was surprised myself and googled Joe Walsh Schecter and found this thread.

well thanks for bumping a 3 year old thread to tell us this.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Those guitars aren't exactly "recent" anymore.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...