Basically I've been messing around with the sound and I'm about to go back and listen to UG users and purchase the peavey vypyr.

I got the line 6 spider 3 15w. I heard you could get the tone settings online on Line 6's website but I cant find it. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Sounds like the amp needs ALOT more treble and distortion if anyone can help with that too.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W
Just return it before it breaks.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Yes! Escape the horror while you still can!!!

They make that thing sound so good and great, like the deal of the century...

...then you buy it.

...and now I'm stuck with it.

If you want the tone settings its on the forum.

http://line6.com/support//thread.jspa?threadID=307&tstart=0

Line 6 spider 3's are pretty wicked, i like mine its good for recording and it has some slightly usable effects. The only problem with the effects is that their kind of cheesy sounding and a little to overpowering most of the time. Overall i like them.
Peace be thy journey
Return it. Before it traps you like all our crappy beginner amps did until we unshackled them with decent amps. Run my friend, return it tomorrow morning in the last day of the Bush-era.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Trence648

Sounds like the amp needs ALOT more treble and distortion if anyone can help with that too.

Ugh... turn them up? this amp has more then enough dist. it sounds so muddy when fully cranked to 10... horrid sound.
Quote by quam
If you want the tone settings its on the forum.

http://line6.com/support//thread.jspa?threadID=307&tstart=0

Line 6 spider 3's are pretty wicked, i like mine its good for recording and it has some slightly usable effects. The only problem with the effects is that their kind of cheesy sounding and a little to overpowering most of the time. Overall i like them.

Ugh, I don't even own a spider and I don't even need to hear how bad the tone is.

Metal: Red

Drive: 10

Bass: 10

Mid: 0

Treble: 10

Reverb: 4

No FX

Here's one I created that's a nice thick hot Marshall sound.

Amp model: Crunch 'red'

Gain: 9

Bass: 9

Mid: 8

Treble: 7

Channel volume: 9

Master Volume: your choice

Reverb: 3

No other efx activated.

Yeah LesPaulman, thats another great Marshall sound,thanks. I played a few Jimi Hendrix songs such as "Fire", "Purple Haze", and "Red House" with that setting...a great sound for Jimi's style. (btw with that setting I used a Fender american deluxe strat with SCN [Samarium Cobalt Noiseless] pickups, the S-1 switching button pushed in [basically transforms the single coil pickups into humbuckers, because the pickups are wired both ways], and both the neck and bridge pickup tone control knobs set at 10)
Line 6 does a good job with the Spider's modeling of Marshall amps, as compared to a few other amp brands models.

Ugh, no.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Jan 19, 2009,
Dont listen to everyone who is going to knock it, its a great amp for what it is and it beats a marshall mg hands down. Google it or mine came with some sheets of paper with some on.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

If you're using it for metal you honestly don't need to go past 6 drive on the red metal channel.
Quote by Lycan_Ste
Dont listen to everyone who is going to knock it, its a great amp for what it is and it beats a marshall mg hands down. Google it or mine came with some sheets of paper with some on.

still better amps in the price range
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Lycan_Ste

Pretty sure everything beats MG.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Exo M7
still better amps in the price range

This. No matter how good you think it sounds, if you consider the other, much better options that are out there in the same price range, buying the Spider just doesn't make sense.

These other options being:
- Peavey Vypyr
- Roland Cube
- Vox Valvetronix
Quote by ZeGuitarist

These other options being:
- Peavey Vypyr
- Roland Cube
- Vox Valvetronix

I heard Peavey Vypyrs have MAJOR glitches, and keep breaking, loads, so even though they're versatile you might not be best suited to buying them.

I'd go for the Vox Valvetronix VT or XL series, or the Roland Cube. Vox seems really classy just cos they include tubes and the new VT series seems versatile, if you're willing to invest a bit more money.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with Cube 30/60 though, only reason I didn't get one was that I saw an amazing deal on a Vox and I've taken that up. People seem to hail the Cubes as the second coming of Jesus, in amplifier form.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Return it before the InSAnE RoKKK StAR settings blow up.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I'd return it and get a Peavey Bandit.
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Line 6 Spider III 15 :/
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell

Quote by acidrainman64
one time i walked into a sam ash store and asked for directions to guitar center
Thanks for the feedback. I called guitar center and Im going to swap it today. Im still undecided between these two

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc

and this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-15X-Guitar-Amp-487030-i1169242.gc
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Peavey Vypyr 15W
I find the Vypyr's overloaded and somewhat confusing, so I'd get the Cube, but it's your call, go try both I suppose.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Lycan_Ste

i returned a spider III 75 watt FOR a marshall MG... it was a huge upgrade in sound

i should also say the marshall MG's are terrible, and i have since replace it with an Orange Tiny Terror \m/

EDIT: get the cube... i heard one last week, and it actually sounds decent for what it is.. probably the best practice amp i've heard
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i returned a spider III 75 watt FOR a marshall MG... it was a huge upgrade in sound

i should also say the marshall MG's are terrible, and i have since replace it with an Orange Tiny Terror \m/

EDIT: get the cube... i heard one last week, and it actually sounds decent for what it is.. probably the best practice amp i've heard

Nah MG's sound like crap no point having one and the cube sounded complete crap to me, apparently the vyper is good just there is a learning curve with it i have heard.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

The original presets on the 15 suck, tweek them to your liking and it will sound better

Here is the link for settings for every song on the box

http://line6.com/support/servlet/KbServlet/download/4519-102-4572/spideriii_settings.pdf

Took me forever to find when I bought this amp. I must say my 75 watt one is significantly better.
Quote by Trence648
Thanks for the feedback. I called guitar center and Im going to swap it today. Im still undecided between these two

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc

and this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-15X-Guitar-Amp-487030-i1169242.gc

I'd get the Vypyr. The first time I tried it I didn't like it, but the next time I tried it it wasn't too bad. Definitely usable, and much better than the spider
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 15 doesn't have all of the amp models the Micro or Cube 30x have. It's pretty limited for a Roland. If you are just playing in the bedroom and practicing, a microcube would be much better. Proven and reliable and a lot of good effects. The Vypyr 15 is a nice little practice amp. But the reliability is untested as they are a newer line of amps. Most of the problems I have heard about with them is with the 75 watt version but the 15 has some of the same parts so... So compared to the Roland Cube 15, it's way more versatile, just new...
ok well I just picked up the Peavey Vypyr....

AWESOME AMP.

I love it, at first it had too much distortion and everything sounded fuzzy but now its fine. I just wanted to say thanks to ZeGuitarist who first told me about the vypyr.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Peavey Vypyr 15W