Well. I have narrowed it down on LPs and I guess I'm gonna take a risk and get an Agile. I hear nothing but good things and I know alot of you guys on here are supporters of Agile. I am getting around 2-300 bucks this weekend from the football boosters due to it being m final year..and plan on purchasing

a Marshall Micro Stack

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack?sku=482705 ,

or an Epiphone Valve JR Half Stack

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-HalfStack?sku=481475 .

Im looking for a classic rock/bluesy/sometimes ballsy sound.

-Is Agile or Epiphone better?

-How well do they play out of the box?

-Are there any mods needed to get a Gibson-like sound out of them?

-Do you guys like the CSB Blondie?
http://www.rondomusic.com/product2058.html

Thanks..Suggestions are welcome.
Ive heard that agiles are great guitars for the money but epi's are decent just lower quality gibson obvioulsy I never got into LP's so I cant say firsthand. It always felt to me like I was holding a baseball bat when I held the neck.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
My G-400 feels pretty tight, I'd assume Epi Les Pauls are as good.
Agiles are supposed to be killer, and offer great features for the price though, it all depends on whether you want the classic aesthetics or the slightly more modern looking Agile.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Haha. I have tried some slimmer necks and really didnt like them..

I guess Im not a shredder. haha.
Definitely do NOT, by any means, get the marshall micro stack!

You don't need a stack, either. But the valve jr. would be better. Agile is good. People compare them to Gibsons but i think that's a bit overdoing it. IMO they're like higher-end epis for a cheaper price. Compare say, a $350 agile to a $700-$800 Epiphone maybe?
Quote by Pac_man0123

You don't need a stack, either. But the valve jr. would be better. Agile is good. People compare them to Gibsons but i think that's a bit overdoing it. IMO they're like higher-end epis for a cheaper price. Compare say, a $350 agile to a $700-$800 Epiphone maybe?

-What's wrong with the Marshall that made you dislike it?

-I was asking for a high end Epi, but mom recently decided I needed to come back down some, so probably gonna go for the Agile. Its just a matter of finishes for me now man...

Union Jack (just for its uniqueness)

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000unionjack.html

or

-The Blondie

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2058.html
The Marshall Micro Stack is essentially a 15 watt MG with 2 little speakers. It's still an MG. Solid-state, sounds pretty crappy imo, and you can get something much better for the price. The distortion is really digital and sounds like, to quote someone's sig from here, a box of angry bees. The cleans are ok but they're really sterile so you can't get that articulate sound you'd probably want most of the time.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The Marshall Micro Stack is essentially a 15 watt MG with 2 little speakers. It's still an MG. Solid-state, sounds pretty crappy imo, and you can get something much better for the price. The distortion is really digital and sounds like, to quote someone's sig from here, a box of angry bees. The cleans are ok but they're really sterile so you can't get that articulate sound you'd probably want most of the time.

+1

I hear the Epi Jr. is a pretty good amp and is very easy to mod for more switches etc. Look into that maybe?
Not looking for a gigging rig, jus something to give me some badass classic tone..just something for the room ya know. Practice..
Quote by Pac_man0123

Yup. A good Gibson studio or any Elitist Epi can own an Agile no problem but for the price...you're basically getting one hell of a deal. I own an Elitist and I'm thinking of an AL3000 or 3100 to avoid leaving my Elitist at school during the day for noon practice or to avoid using it much really until a gig comes up. Either way, go for it.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by Payton Ratliff
Epiphone Valve Jr?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-HalfStack?sku=481475

Anyone used this amp or have the pros/cons of it?

I've got a friend who plays through one, he uses a bolt neck ltd viper thats pretty low end. His tone isn't great but it doesn't suck. You could do a lot better for the money. get a cube 30 those things will change your life.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by Payton Ratliff
Not looking for a gigging rig, jus something to give me some badass classic tone..just something for the room ya know. Practice..

after reading this you should definately get a cube 30 its less than 20 pounds so you can bring it to practices anywhere, its the same price range as the valve jr., packs plenty of volume and you can get any tone you want.
UG's Prodigal Son
Ive heard they are great amps for the price perfect for the beginner
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Payton Ratliff
a Roland Cube 30?

Has Anyone used one of these things that can verify the sweetness?

I haven't tried one myself, in fact they're really the only practice amp i haven't tried, but i hear great things about them. They're great especially if you play metal. If you aren't going to be playing much heavy metal though, i'd recommend a Vox Valvetronix. Great cleans and real good for that 80's metal tone.
The other practice amp that i like is the peavey vypyr. A modern-voiced amp, great for metal. The marshall model on it isn't amazing but oh well. The cleans on it are pretty good too. They don't beat the Vox, though.
Agile = or > than Epiphone
Agile are made in the same factory, are cheaper and look cooler(In my opinion(Maple necks Les Pauls OMG))
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Im getting an Agile...
haha..
Now...

The Amp is probably going to be a Epiphone IF I choose to spend all the football money at one time..