Alright, so my band tunes their guitars down to b (B-F#-B-E-G#-C#). For a while I was using a 4 string fender aerodyne, but didn't like the muddy tone that happened. So I went out and bought a 5 string SRX. Unfortunately for many of our songs I use open strings making them almost impossible for me to play in standard.

So now I have to tune up, and it sounds fine, I just know I need to adjust my bass for this. I was wondering what adjustments I should make if any, or if I should just take it in to be adjusted
well, if the strings arn't too tight and hard to push down. good.

if they are, try to find a lighter gauge... makes it easier.

and maybe a Truss rod adjusment.

Needs an allan key

and like, miniscule rotations.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
You bands are your weird tunings =P
I use G# C# F# B E woohoo
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Get a six string set, discard the E. That way, you'll be tuning down instead of up, which won't put a stupid amount of tension on your bass:

B tuned as B
A tuned down 1 1/2 steps to F#
D tuned down 1 1/2 steps to B
G tuned down 1 1/2 steps to E
C tuned down 1 1/2 steps to A

Much easier on your bass than tuning everything up by 1 or 1 1/2 steps, IMO.
Maybe you should have purchased a baritone guitar. Tuning a bass higher is a sin in the bass religion
I like the way you "went out and bought a srx", if only we could all do this.

I have nothing else to add.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Stingray5
Maybe you should have purchased a baritone guitar. Tuning a bass higher is a sin in the bass religion

So you think up tuning is a sin and you hate picks? What planet did you fall from?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Stingray5

No it isn't. Especially not if we're talking about a 5-string where he's tuning only the EADG strings up (and not even that much).

And if tuning higher would be a sin, Stanley Clarke would be the reincarnation of Satan. (either him or Michael Manring anyway)
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by fatgoogle
I like the way you "went out and bought a srx", if only we could all do this.

I have nothing else to add.

Well I didn't really just go out and buy one. I found someone selling one and ended up selling my 360 and all of the games i had to get it.... I just didn't feel like telling my life story