Page 1 of 2
STOP THE GOVERNMENT TURNING DOWN THE VOLUME

Just when we all thought The Government had ****ed this country up enough, they're about to kick us in the bollocks again. Unless your a government minister, or premier league footballer, everyone in this country is facing a state of financial ruin, with more & more people becoming unemployed, shops & business struggling to make ends meet, chav's & scumbags running riot with a law unto themselves mugging & burgling at will. The best & most common escape for most 'normal' people in the u.k has traditionally been to go off down the pub at the weekend to drown their sorrows, & perk themselves up with a few pints & maybe see a great band like 'The Sex Pistols Experience' & get away from the woe's of life.

However, our government, in it's infinite wisdom, wish to consider it a legal requirement to introduce laws insisting anyone applying, or re-applying, for an entertainment license to showcase live music must have a 'noise control limiter device' fitted into the venue.! These device's wil cut power to the stage & stop any band in their tracks if they happen to exceed a pre-determined very low level of volume. This will be the final nail in the coffin for all entertainment in the UK as the level at which these noise limiting devices cut the music is ridiculously low! Forget seeing rock bands, or any of your favorite groups being able to whip up the crowd, kareoke will be the future.
!

The government assumes that your not able to consider walking out of a venue if you think its too loud - they wish to make your mind up for you before you get there. So, before it's too late we would urge you to please sign the Government petition against this fun-stopping hair-brained idea! KEEP MUSIC LOUD! & if you don't like it loud - leave.!? easy! you'd think.
?
Sign this petition on the UK government website,

you have to do it before 23rd January 2009 to have any effect,

please sign by going to:

http://petitions. number10. gov. uk/NoNoiseControl/

Thankyou.
what is the exact noise level
███████████████████████████████████
i don't live in the uk, but i'll petition.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Power hungry governments for the win.
If US tries to pull anything like this I will sadface all over the place.
this one is for you.
Quote by Ebshabutiee
^This is relevant to everything in this thread.

I was referring to the undercurrent of FURY in ts' wall o' text

ಠ_ಠ
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Could I actually see some kind of detail about this, like a news article or something?
No offense TS, but I don't trust anyone on the internet enough to get worked up about this without seeing some kind of credible source first
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
this has been posted several times. each time with no actual detail about what the proposed legislation actually is.

for all you know the limit is the same as it is now but these devices will just enforce that limit.

anyone who signs this is an easily manipulated idiot.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Take that UK!

but seriously, pack your ****, inform your friends and have a concert on a farm out in the middle of nowhere.

Works here. Me and my band go into the bush with Big mother F'n amps, grab the best generator available and crank the **** in a small area with lots of trees surrounding us.

No-one complains.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by mdwallin
These device's wil cut power to the stage & stop any band in their tracks if they happen to exceed a pre-determined very low level of volume.

Which is?

Why should we help you when you've just insulted our intelligence? Give us the specific noise level. The people of UG aren't dumb enough to blindly follow you (I hope).
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
How many decibels are they limiting it to? and what frequencies if any will they limit?

Untill somebody can post an answer to these questions this petition is just pointless fist shaking.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by SG310user
Take that UK!

but seriously, pack your ****, inform your friends and have a concert on a farm out in the middle of nowhere.

Works here. Me and my band go into the bush with Big mother F'n amps, grab the best generator available and crank the **** in a small area with lots of trees surrounding us.

No-one complains.

That's a fair bit harder in the UK as you will get arrested for trespassing most likely or raped by some crazy farmer
After searching around a bit I can't even find the governments proposal for the law (which would contain details, unlike the petition), which makes me think this is probably somebody with too much spare time trying their hand at a bit of scaremongering. Does anyone have a link to the actual proposal?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
After searching around a bit I can't even find the governments proposal for the law (which would contain details, unlike the petition), which makes me think this is probably somebody with too much spare time trying their hand at a bit of scaremongering. Does anyone have a link to the actual proposal?

I found a single link to an apparent summary of the proposal on a government website... but the link was wrong

I'm on the culture site at the minute, reading through a pdf file, trying to find anything to actually back this up

EDIT: http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/research/licensingsurvey2006reportFinal.pdf
And
http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/publications/lmf_forewordexcsummary.pdf

Last edited by whatamidoinhere at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
this has been posted several times. each time with no actual detail about what the proposed legislation actually is.

for all you know the limit is the same as it is now but these devices will just enforce that limit.

anyone who signs this is an easily manipulated idiot.

Yes.
Quote by SG310user
Take that UK!

No-one complains.

We used to do that in the very late 80s and early 90s (though it was normally 'aaardcoore music) until The criminal justice bill of 1994

Powers to remove persons attending or preparing for a rave

(1) This section applies to a gathering on land in the open air of 100 or more persons (whether or not trespassers) at which amplified music is played during the night (with or without intermissions) and is such as, by reason of its loudness and duration and the time at which it is played, is likely to cause serious distress to the inhabitants of the locality; and for this purpose—

(a) such a gathering continues during intermissions in the music and, where the gathering extends over several days, throughout the period during which amplified music is played at night (with or without intermissions); and

(b) “music” includes sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats.

Then they basically were allowed to confiscate soundsystems and equipment and make various arrests and that killed that off.

Nowdays everything has to be "legal" and wheres the fun in that?
Quote by DanRev
We used to do that in the very late 80s and early 90s (though it was normally 'aaardcoore music) until The criminal justice bill of 1994

Then they basically were allowed to confiscate soundsystems and equipment and make various arrests and that killed that off.

Nowdays everything has to be "legal" and wheres the fun in that?

Replace Legal, with mobile and you get the idea for whats been going on around these parts lately.
Quote by whatamidoinhere
I found a single link to an apparent summary of the proposal on a government website... but the link was wrong

I'm on the culture site at the minute, reading through a pdf file, trying to find anything to actually back this up

EDIT: http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/research/licensingsurvey2006reportFinal.pdf
And
http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/publications/lmf_forewordexcsummary.pdf

This is the closest thing I can find although it's not exactly clearly worded and definately doesn't say the devices are mandatory and it only applies to Coventry.

www.coventry.gov.uk/ccm/cms-service/download/asset/?asset_id=16405079

I definately will not be signing this petition, to be fair the research should have been the guy who set it up's job, not mine

so what volume are they setting as max.
tbh im not bothered, i usually wear earplugs at loud gigs anyway- dont want to go deaf!
this ain't got anything on what's happening in my neck of the woods. Not only do we have noise limiters but Liquor Licensing (people who license venues to have music) are corrupt and trying to shut everywhere down. Fortunately we have a well organised local music scene who are setting up a committee to ensure venues are treated fairly and if necessary take liquor licensing to court.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Anyone who signs this without anyone telling them what the decibel level is (and none of the many threads about it have ever been able to determine that) is an idiot.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ikey
so what volume are they setting as max.

Certainly not 11 that's for sure

PSN ID: ArranP
I, argonaut, hereby declare this a worthwhile cause... and what i say goes... seriously.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by faultyy
This is the closest thing I can find although it's not exactly clearly worded and definately doesn't say the devices are mandatory and it only applies to Coventry.

www.coventry.gov.uk/ccm/cms-service/download/asset/?asset_id=16405079

I definately will not be signing this petition, to be fair the research should have been the guy who set it up's job, not mine

Quite right too, unless they can be arsed to actually provide the information necessary information for people to make up their own minds, they can go **** themselves

Quote by rocknrollstar
Signed.

so we have at least one easily manipulated person here.

if anyone wants to do one of those nigerian email scams, find this dudes email.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so we have at least one easily manipulated person here.

if anyone wants to do one of those nigerian email scams, find this dudes email.

Do those things even still go on?

I would of thought everyone would of caught on by now.

PSN ID: ArranP
Page 1 of 2