Ahh,
well,

i have just earned a fair bit of money working, and have decided to splurge it on a new guitar,
so i need some help finding a guitar that has what im looking for,

- a floyd rose tremelo, (prefered, but another kind might do)
- a guitar that doesnt have stock pickups,
- a guitar that is not built for shred,
- easy access to the higher frets.

my price range is from $0 - $2000 (Australian Dollars)

if there are any other paths i could take to finding this guitar please tell.
i would love some input and suggestions of guitars,

cheers
A new guitar that doesn't have stock pickups? Uhm,I'm kinda confused on that one.Also,the range you gave as far as features and price go is way too large to give anything specific.Things like your neck preference,body wood preference,playing style,pickup preference,and the amp you use would be really helpful to know.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I see what you mean, good point(s)
i meant a guitar that comes with seymour duncans or DiMarzarios, not like pickups made by that guitar brand. I prefer open pickups with raw tone.

i play rock to hard rock, ranged in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. and current hard rock.

i currently play an epiphone les paul custom, into a vox wah, dean markely tuner, MI Audio crunch box distortion, electro harmonix nano muff overdrive, MI Audio boost n buff, then into a VOX AD50VT.

i dont really have much preference in terms of body wood and neck wood at the moment.

hope this helps.
Schecter C-1 classic would be a good starting point.It has an all access neck thru design and Seymour Duncan pups,but I believe they are covered JB/Jazz models and not open poled pups.In general Schecter makes good guitars for the price (no production model is over 1000 USD).The necks aren't as thick as a Gibson or something like that,but they do have some meat and girth to them.The only thing is I heard they can be a pain in the ass to get down under.

The high end ESP models that have passive duncans might be worth looking at too. The 1000 series are very nice for the price.Full abalone binding,tonepros bridge or FR trem,set necks,good fret access,and good tuners.

I'll look around some more for things in that price range,in the mean time those 2 companies are worth checking out.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I don't really know what you mean not made for shred but being the schecter owner that I am I would suggest one of those. I have a blackjack C1 FR that is good for me (OFR, SD pickups, not overly thin neck, good upper fret access) but you could get a Blackjack ATX FR with blackouts. Even in Aus you can get a fair few good guitars for that budget. As long as the guitar is made by a somewhat reputable company and has good specs then it's all up to your personal opinion.
You can't go too wrong with guitars in the upper end of your price range so just try all the guitars you can.

We can all give suggestions of the guitars we love but in the end it's your $2000 and you shouldn't take everything we suggest to you as gospel.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.