right now i'm thinking this is what i'm going to go with

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-STK-T2-Hot-Lead-Stack-Single-Coil-Bridge-Pickup-300431-i1127466.gc

is it a good pickup for hard rock/almost metal gain? don't really care about the cleans so much since i'm going to use the neck for that, but what do you guys think/know about hot tele bridge pickups?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
It really depends on what amp you're using. But if you have the right amp, it should be fine. With my MIM Telecaster (stock pickups), and my Vox, I can get pretty decent gain, and that's saying alot.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
well my stock pups can't handle a lot of gain so that's why i'm getting new ones.

i heard the EMG single coils were good, but i also hear there's no point in having an active pup if you have a solid state amp.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Singlecoil-sized humbuckers like that don't actually sound like humbuckers, you realise. What you'll end up with is the same screechy sound you get when Tele singlecoils are overdriven, only with a bit less background noise.

What you need to do really is buy a new bridge unit with a humbucker space in it, and a new humbucker pickup. The bridge rout of your guitar's body will probably need enlarging too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.