Page 1 of 2
You know what else is bad ass? PUTTING STUFF IN THE RIGHT FUCKING FORUM.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
No it fucking well is not. Now piss off.
Well, hopefully in a few hours, banned.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
And until then, our anger management.
It's because they're pussy's without their masks and they like trying to scare people to make up for it. I think that's why so many metal bands dress up and wear scary make-up and shit. And when I say metal bands I don't give a fuck whether you think Slipknot is a "metal" band or a nu metal band. I'm talking about "metal" bands in general.
Last edited by Makkis at Jan 19, 2009,
Somehow Slipknot remind me of MasterBlaster from Mad Max 3
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by rebel624
This is my best answer right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZM0EGBdHOw&feature=related

This has to be why slipknot wears masks, I swear I'm on to something here.
OMG the slide at 3:02 is f'ing bad ass!!!

the rape of your dog would be bad ass. Then you'd understand why your dog all of a sudden wears a mask.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
You go in any Metal place with Slipknot.. You'll be asked to piss off.. it's easy at that.. atleast i hate crap..
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
For an honest answer.
They wear masks because they claim it's an outward manifestation of their inner personalities. Sure, it worked as a marketing gimmick, but it's also an uninhibitor. If no one knows who you are, or what you look like, and can't see your true face, you can't be judged the same way. If no one knows what's behind the mask, how can they hate it?

Now of course it's just because it's part of Slipknot.
Simple.
Most of the people in this thread need to get off their ****ing pedestal.
Quote by bdof

If one of the people you're talking to is me I was just fucking around. Kind of. I don't really know why they wear their masks. It pisses me off though when people are really easilly offended when someone makes the slightest off comment about a band they like. As far as I'm concerned toughen the fuck up. If you think a band you like is good why does it hurt you so much if people pay them out. Lots of people act like little wooses when one of their favourite bands is payed out but I think sometimes it might pay to take a joke or make more reasoned, well-thought out arguments about why a band is good. I'm not picking on you. Just going on a bit of a rant with my thoughts.
Last edited by Makkis at Jan 19, 2009,
firstly: why DO slipknot wear masks
secondly: they're ugly and so is their music
and finally: WRONG FORUM.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
because they look like mongs
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by bdof

Not liking Slipknot and wanting them in the correct forum puts me on a pedestal? Well cool, bow to me, ruffian.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Can I just *report* this for OP being a massive troll?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Makkis
If one of the people you're talking to is me I was just fucking around. Kind of. I don't really know why they wear their masks. It pisses me off though when people are really easilly offended when someone makes the slightest off comment about a band they like. As far as I'm concerned toughen the fuck up. If you think a band you like is good why does it hurt you so much if people pay them out. Lots of people act like little wooses when one of their favourite bands is payed out but I think sometimes it might pay to take a joke or make more reasoned, well-thought out arguments about why a band is good. I'm not picking on you. Just going on a bit of a rant with my thoughts.

+1 getting pissed at someone over the internet just makes you look stupid.

I hear a lot about slipknot being original in a stale genre, “metal.” What makes them so original anyways, especially compared to other metal bands.
Quote by Makkis

This isn't a shot at you, I know you didn't really act like this. In fairness a lot of the people who say oh toughen up yadda, yadda, yadda on the metal boards will easily get very bent out of shape if somebody says they don't like a genre of metal they listen to, or if somebody says a band they listen to sucks. The majority of people who would get all bent out of shape over Slipknot here, would behave in this manor. It's a two way street.

As for Slipknot I agree they're not metal (especially their first 2 albums). I'm wondering how many people here actually gave their last 2 (especially the one that just came out) a honest listen? You may not like it, and it may not be 100% metal-but there are a lot of genuine metal influences in their music now. They're a lot more metal than people are willing to admit nowadays.
Quote by FifthHorsemen
As for Slipknot I agree they're not metal (especially their first 2 albums). I'm wondering how many people here actually gave their last 2 (especially the one that just came out) a honest listen? You may not like it, and it may not be 100% metal-but there are a lot of genuine metal influences in their music now. They're a lot more metal than people are willing to admit nowadays.

I listened to the last one (i downloaded it, as I was very skeptical) after someone told me how great it was, and OH HOT DAMN WAS IT TERRIBLE.
For the love of God, someone kill this abomination of a thread.

slipknot is horrible
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by bdof
Oh, and probably because people like Jim Root are old and ugly as ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSsWqDx0WK4

Jim Root is dating Christina Scabbia. I'd rather be an ugly fuck and be able to get women like that than... not.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by FifthHorsemen

I like slipknot AND the first 3 albums, All Hope is Gone has one good song on it and that's Snuff.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
its a gimmick. they don't have enough talent to rely on their music alone to gain popularity. they have to brand themselves to get attention. like Kiss only not good.
I love coming too the metal forum and seeing Slipknots AwESome!111! threads. Puts a smile on my face every time. Then i read them and laugh. I love you guys.
what about all the guys with "corpse paint"

thats not a gimmick?

or thats cool?....cuz its metal?
Page 1 of 2