Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
They look good but I've never heard of White Horse.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
If in doubt, go an SX. I got one a couple of weeks ago, just a les paul copy in a starer kit, and dude this guitar absolutely kicks ass, almost as good as a Gibson studio for like 1/5th of the cost. use the money you save for a nice amp and you will be in good shaope I would say. PS I AM NOT AFFILITAED< THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT
8 inch speakers kill bottom end. with four it will compensate but you get more of a poping farty bottom. having a three unit stack for a 2x12 unit seems a little crazy too. youd probably be cursing it every time you took it out. and sorry to anwser a question you didnt ask but i would seriously consider getting an all tube amp. and dont let the watt to watt comparo dissuade you by comparing equal wattages from SS to tube. 50 or 60 watts of good old fashioned tube should have just about everything covered volume wise except for quiet practice. any venue bigger would require a PA anyway. take your time. spend wisely. judge with your ear.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
8 inch speakers kill bottom end. with four it will compensate but you get more of a poping farty bottom. having a three unit stack for a 2x12 unit seems a little crazy too. youd probably be cursing it every time you took it out. and sorry to anwser a question you didnt ask but i would seriously consider getting a tube amp. and dont let the watt to watt comparo dissuade you by comparing equal wattages from SS to tube. 50 or 60 watts of good old fashioned tube should have just about everything covered volume wise except for quiet practice. any venue bigger would require a PA anyway. take your time. spend wisely. judge with your ear.

Yes thats true, a tube has roughly twice the power per watt, so a 30 watt tube is equivalent to a 60watt solid state in most situations.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
If in doubt, go an SX. I got one a couple of weeks ago, just a les paul copy in a starer kit, and dude this guitar absolutely kicks ass, almost as good as a Gibson studio for like 1/5th of the cost. use the money you save for a nice amp and you will be in good shaope I would say. PS I AM NOT AFFILITAED< THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT

See, he's not looking for a guitar, he's looking for an amp.
I think thou protests too much!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Yes thats true, a tube has roughly twice the power per watt, so a 30 watt tube is equivalent to a 60watt solid state in most situations.

XD no way!!! i have a 30 watt tube, theyre way way way louder than an 60 watt SS.

If i remember right, tube wattage = 10x SS wattage though i wouldnt quote myself on that, id qoute the tube amp sticky, the one by Dave_MC
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Quote by dancesisidance
See, he's not looking for a guitar, he's looking for an amp.
I think thou protests too much!

Sorry about that, I just got off a ban for accidentally spamming (posting on a "reported" thing) and I know you get inn troubble for advertising, so I wanted to avoid another ban by making it abundantly celar.

IO thouhgt he was lookling at an axe though?
Quote by kai2demax
XD no way!!! i have a 30 watt tube, theyre way way way louder than an 60 watt SS.

If i remember right, tube wattage = 10x SS wattage though i wouldnt quote myself on that, id qoute the tube amp sticky, the one by Dave_MC

Donl;t know, i was told that the rule of thumb was 2:1, but I could be wrong as well, would also depend on the guitar and how active the pickups are.
Why did he post links to amps then >.>
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Donl;t know, i was told that the rule of thumb was 2:1, but I could be wrong as well, would also depend on the guitar and how active the pickups are.

Might be. but then again 10x wattage doesnt mean 10x as loud. though the 2:1 thing might just be loudness ratio??
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP

a watt is a unit of power. the power rating is absolute. its the way theyre rated and what the output sounds like when an amp is making the rated wattage that makes an equally rated tube amp produce higher usefull volume(keyword usefull as in good sounding). however you also have to account for low volume functionallity. SS sounds about the same throughout the volume range untill its pushed too hard whereas tube amps can sound very dull if operated at low volumes but get better tone the higher they're turned up. oh and that volume ratio is generally considered 2:1 but theres more to it than that so its just a loose guideline. it can vary a lot from amp to amp.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by random_B-RAD
Why did he post links to amps then >.>

I thoguht one said guitar, I didn;t click, my bad!
Quote by HendrixClaptonP

Looking at your profile, doesnt look like you even have a gibson studio..
Trying it out at a store for 5 minutes through your MG100hdfx isn't a real indicator so i wouldnt go around boasting that a guitar that comes in a starter pack is better than a Gibson studio, especially in a thread where the TS is asking about an amp.
Quote by henza_x
Looking at your profile, doesnt look like you even have a gibson studio..
Trying it out at a store for 5 minutes through your MG100hdfx isn't a real indicator so i wouldnt go around boasting that a guitar that comes in a starter pack is better than a Gibson studio, especially in a thread where the TS is asking about an amp.

Actually I played them through the same amp, and I am entitled to my opinon. If you don't agree thats your perogative, and i didn't say it's better. Also I ahve read many reviews of the same guitar, and most of the people agreed with me regarding it's quality, ahve you played one?

I already apologised for not realising it was only amps he was after.

Also where is your adivce for TS? At least i treid to make a postitive contribution to the thread.
HAHAHA! I just have to laugh. Saying a cheap copy that comes in a beginner's pack is better then a Gibson LP Studio.

Bad troll is bad.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
HAHAHA! I just have to laugh. Saying a cheap copy that comes in a beginner's pack is better then a Gibson LP Studio.

Bad troll is bad.

I didn't say that, and I am not trolling. Good luck with the amp search IYanoplathizoI sorry to end up distracting you thread.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
I didn't say that, and I am not trolling. Good luck with the amp search IYanoplathizoI sorry to end up distracting you thread.

Perhaps some good grammar will make your argument more legit. Also your first point was completely unnecessary.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
oh.. lol im not concidering buying one.

Just wanted to see what you lot thought. My friend was gonna get one but he went with some peavey modeling amp or something.

But im gonna get a sound city 6 series 40w. I heard it and it is not bad for a first amp, i got a guitar now im waiting for my local shop to get one in stock

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker