I recently discovered 'The Bad Plus'...

If you haven't heard of them, I strongly urge you to check them out... (I love the drums in all of their arrangements) They're a sort of Jazz/Rock cover band... I wouldn't use the word fusion though.

I also discovered Jamie Cullum, a pop-esque Jazz vocalist/pianist with a band that also does many cover songs...

What other artists/groups are similar to these? (not necessarily cover groups).
Hmmm...

Jeff Buckley (can be) somewhat jazzy...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Brad Mehldau is damn good.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
puttting jamie collum in a thread about jazz is like putting nickleback in a thread about metal.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
puttting jamie collum in a thread about jazz is like putting nickleback in a thread about metal.

When you can define jazz, then define Jamie Cullum... You can make snide remarks (if able)... But at least be sure to post something constructive.

You'll notice I included the word "Pop" when I described Jamie Cullum... You will also notice that Jamie Cullum covers many popular jazz/swing songs. You may even notice that Jamie Cullum uses chords and phrasing on his piano that fit a "jazz style". Perhaps you have even noticed that your musical elitism is not tolerated by me...

No, Jamie Cullum is not Free-form Jazz, or fusion... But you would certainly agree that if I were to choose an area in "Bands and Songs", Jazz would be the first to pop into mind when one is to mention Jamie Cullum.

-**** you.
I would say Jamie Collum is more pop-jazz. More pop then jazz though. Not necessarily bad music, just not really pure jazz.

If you want some damn good contemporary jazz look up Harry Connick Jr. (yes the actor) he is a ****ing monster jazz pianist.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)