Page 1 of 5
Today in Study Hall period, one of the students in my class, one of the stupid ones, was listening to 50 cent (sounded like Candy Shop) really loud with his friend through the headphones like a speaker.
Obviously people were annoyed with him so the teacher approached him and told him to shut it up ("turn it down" to be specific).
The student joked and replied in a relaxed way, "we were worshipping God though music" and laughed (I attend a Protestant school).
The teacher was obviously in a bad mood because she had to deal with bullying in the previous period so she snapped and ripped the iPod off the kid's hands and threw it onto the ground, putting an ugly crack though the glass.
She shouted at him for about five minutes on how hip hop's image of sex was unacceptable, his joke wasn't funny, and so on.
The whole class went cold.
The kid was suspended for three days.

Is this justice or is it stupidity?
Discuss.
they're junk anyway, be glad that teacher is protecting someones ears from being ruined.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
No, that's sad and the teacher should have to pay for a replacement iPod. Other than that, the kid got what he deserved.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Candy Shop?

Isn't that a little outdated?
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Thats pretty bad, she did not have to right to do that. I hope the kid can sue her for that or at least get her fired.

And in response to the post above me, grow up.

Edit: haha way above me, the second post, right below ts.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
they're junk anyway, be glad that teacher is protecting someones ears from being ruined.

True, he was annoying the entire class and that wasn't a very funny joke.
It's basically killing yourself by saying something like that.
But I don't think she shouldn't have destroyed it.
Quote by radomu
Today in Study Hall period, one of the students in my class, one of the stupid ones, was listening to 50 cent (sounded like Candy Shop) really loud with his friend through the headphones like a speaker.
Obviously people were annoyed with him so the teacher approached him and told him to shut it up ("turn it down" to be specific).
The student joked and replied in a relaxed way, "we were worshipping God though music" and laughed (I attend a Protestant school).
The teacher was obviously in a bad mood because she had to deal with bullying in the previous period so she snapped and ripped the iPod off the kid's hands and threw it onto the ground, putting an ugly crack though the glass.
She shouted at him for about five minutes on how hip hop's image of sex was unacceptable, his joke wasn't funny, and so on.
The whole class went cold.
The kid was suspended for three days.

Is this justice or is it stupidity?
Discuss.

I'm shocked & Horrified! Not because of the I-pod but because someone with a Nirvana Avatar knows any 50 cent song by name!!
What is this world coming too?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
She shouldnt have smashed the iPod she should have done what teachers where I live do. That is confiscate it and take it home for herself.

The kid got what he deserved though.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
Kid was a little douche, got what he deserved.

Teacher went a bit far though.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by GNR_Duff_rules
Candy Shop?

Guns n' Roses?

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Overreaction on the teacher's part, methinks. Granted, the student shouldn't have been listening to music loudly while in class, but he didn't deserve to have his iPod broken. The teacher should have to eat the cost of a new iPod.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Quote by gunners fan
I'm shocked & Horrified! Not because of the I-pod but because someone with a Nirvana Avatar knows any 50 cent song by name!!

I used to listen to only hip hop when I was 11-12... I'm sorry
Quote by fallenangel20
Guns n' Roses?

Jesus?

Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Quote by gunners fan

It's called knowing what trend is popular so you don't sound like a retard when someone goes "oh you know *insert popular mainstream song*?" and ur like "uhh... derp?"

And smashing the ipod is inexcusable. Asking the student to turn it down or confiscating it, yes. Smashing the screen and suspending them, no.
Sounds like your teacher is insane. You should transfer out of that class before she snaps.
Well is she hot?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by GNR_Duff_rules
Jesus?

'Tisn't Jesus.

Just saying, though, "Candy Shop" isn't even that old. I mean, it's how old? Like three years? Sure, it's not in the pop culture that much anymore, but music doesn't get "outdated" that quickly.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by masterohumans
Thats pretty bad, she did not have to right to do that. I hope the kid can sue her for that or at least get her fired.

Sorry to sound like an old douche, but sue for an ipod? Do you have any idea how much court costs actually are? Not only that, but it's against the rules to even have ipods on your person in most schools, let alone annoy the entire class with one.

I want to give that teacher a high five for putting the kid in his place.
Quote by FinderofNemo
No iPod deserves to have 50 cent on it. It'll be happier destroyed.

I concur, the kid had it coming to him. The teacher should not have to pay for a new iPod nor repair his. I'm sure it's against your school's code to have/listen to mp3 players in school anyway.
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's called knowing what trend is popular so you don't sound like a retard when someone goes "oh you know *insert popular mainstream song*?" and ur like "uhh... derp?"

And smashing the ipod is inexcusable. Asking the student to turn it down or confiscating it, yes. Smashing the screen and suspending them, no.

That
Is my school the only one in the world where we can have iPods/mp3 players and cell phones in class?
Quote by FretboardToAsh

Are you my Grandma?
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
She should be made to pay for a new one, or the repairs if possible.

Other than that, the kid deserved a punishment (though, one not as great as he was given).
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
That would never happend in a Danish school, the teacher will take your phone if you have it on the table! and if you hear music, you will be suspendet...
Hm, I'd have probably got pissed if some scrote came out with a remark like that. I doubt I'd smash an iPod though. I'd probably confiscate it and ebay it.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
The kid got what he deserved.

+1 to the teacher. The amount of **** they have to put up with these days they're bound to snap.
Quote by masterohumans

What's that, telling me to grow up? Might wanna check your own lines their kid. That little pest was being a bother to the people around and when told to stop it by a teacher she got a big mouth, and then the teacher has to get fired? Your arguments got a bit of a flaw their so shut up about mine. And besides that, you might wanna check someones age before you say something about growing up.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by scott_vox
The kid got what he deserved.

+1 to the teacher. The amount of **** they have to put up with these days.

....What? Really?

I'm not saying I would have stuck up for the kid pre-smashing, because I can see how he's a bit of a tit, but still, really?

The teacher really over did it.

Saxo-Walrus

She should have just confiscated it. If you aren't allowed to bring mobile phones or mp3 players to school like my old high school then the kid deserves to get his **** smashed, especially for acting like a smart ass.

The main reason my high school had the rule was so that people wouldn't lose their expensive phones or ipods. People used to break in and vandalise stuff, plus some other students were jerks and bullied others so they put the rule in place.
Page 1 of 5