I have always been a classic rock-head (like metalhead only for classic rock), but I have recently taken a big liking to Indie music. I am trying to find more Indie artists I will like.

Two that I like very much are The Fray and Death Cab for Cutie. I would love to find more bands that have the same style as The Fray yet are unique.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Fleet Foxes, Okkerville River... Since you like Classic Rock

Check out Noah and the Whale, Radiohead, The Honorary Title, and some other stuff, too... The Kooks?

Good luck! Most indie is great... Minus pretentious arses... Haha
Yes! Head on over to the indie forum! You can find some good suggestions here

As for my own recommendations I am in love with Menomena, Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, Fleet Foxes, The Decemberists (vocalist reminds me of Death Cab's), Los Campesinos!, and Noah and the Whale.

Indie is all I listen to any more save for a few electronic acts. Let me know if you need any more suggestions. Those were just a few I rattled off.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Last edited by barb3rman at Jan 19, 2009,
Good list from KlassikMetal666! What would you expect from someone with that username though? Haha
Quote by KlassikMetal666
Iron & Wine.
Neutral Milk Hotel.
The Decemberists.
DeVotchKa.
The Moldy Peaches.

You can't go wrong with any of these bands either!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Owls, and maybe Circa Survive although i dont know if they're indie.

Another band thats kinda like that but not really is The Samuel Jackson Five.

I dont know just check em out.
Quote by Pliant
Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Silver Jews, Pavement

Nick Drake whats he from the 60's? more folk than anything isnt he?
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
andrew bird
angus and julia stone
architecture in helsinki
bright eyes
flaming lips
gotye
fratellis
kasabian
laura veirs
mew
of montreal
mountain goats
postal serivce
silversun pickups
sufjan stevens
spoon
modest mouse
tv on the radio
josh pyke
maximo park

thats all the indie bands i love on my ipod, some are like indie/rock or indie/brit plus some more acousticy bands and stuff, enjoy
Neutral Milk Hotel.

EDIT: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by wamguy89
Neutral Milk Hotel.

EDIT: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post is even longer than my throbbing black dick.
Quote by masterohumans
Owls, and maybe Circa Survive although i dont know if they're indie.

Another band thats kinda like that but not really is The Samuel Jackson Five.

I dont know just check em out.

Circa Survive are closer to emo/screamo I'd say.

And since when are The Fray indie?

I'd reccomend checking out Stars, Broken Social Scene and definitely Bright Eyes, I'd put Bright Eyes at the top of the indie pile.

Radiohead can be good, but often get far too caught up in themselves and come out sounding like a bit of a wank IMO.
do you like the beach boys/the band/the beatles?

if so, DR. DOG!!!!

Seriously, check them out. Such a great band.

If more into the bluesy stuff, try the black keys (not sure if they're "indie" though)
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Oh yeah... How did I forget Bright Eyes? And Elliot Smith... Shame on me... Damien Rice... More folky, but probably considered Indie...

Blonde Redhead
The National
The Walkmen
Grizzly Bear
The Microphones
Handsome Furs
Chris Garneau
British Seapower
Wolf Parade
Sunset Rubdown
The Swans
My Bloody Valentine
Interpol
Kevin Devine!!!!!!
Manchester Orchestra
Big Black, Husker Du and The Replacements are all amazing indie bands

Listen to 'em nao
These are more modern indie rather than the original form of indie, but I like both bands-
The Foals
Vampire Weekend
Quote by Weybl Himself
Circa Survive are closer to emo/screamo I'd say.

And since when are The Fray indie?

I'd reccomend checking out Stars, Broken Social Scene and definitely Bright Eyes, I'd put Bright Eyes at the top of the indie pile.

Radiohead can be good, but often get far too caught up in themselves and come out sounding like a bit of a wank IMO.

Seriously... what the eff dude.