So about 10min. ago my guitar string broke during tuning. (I've had these strings on for a loonng time) Its 2 in the morning and I don't have any strings. What do I do? take a string off another guitar which has fewer frets (its E string won't reach the tuner on my ibanez) and I fuse my broken string and the new string together with a knot. Surprisingly, it works and holds a tuning better than i thought it would. Anyone else have an emergency/desperation string incident?
whenever i buy new strings, i always put the old ones away in the new box to keep for just such an occasion.

and its ALWAYS paid off in one way or another.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Wait. You made a UG acount to ask what to do when your string breaks? Wait until the morning.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Kivarenn82
whenever i buy new strings, i always put the old ones away in the new box to keep for just such an occasion.

and its ALWAYS paid off in one way or another.

That's a damn good idea. I'm going to start doing that.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Wait. You made a UG acount to ask what to do when your string breaks? Wait until the morning.

Ever think that I wasn't tired and wanted to keep learning a song that required an E? of course I can get new strings when the store opens, but I'd rather not stop playing...