Hey guys i'm gonna change the pickups on my guitar which is a Dean ML79F . I play music like Trivium , Children of Bodom , Megadeth , Cradle of Filth and also 80's stuff like Guns n' Roses. Any recommendations ?
most of the folks here frown on invaders. myself included having owned one before.

when you need pickups for metal, you have to consider that most of the gain should be coming from the amp (and sometimes the boosting pedal), so having a guitar with loud pickups in it is usually redundant.

I'm not a fan of EMG's but i would recommend them before invaders since they at least have clarity.

i play a lot of metal myself (suffocation, hate eternal, morbid angel, my own stuff, etc) and have had good results with more laid back pickups (less gain is more clarity, you'd be surprised how little gain some VERY heavy bands use).
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
*sigh*

What amp do you have?
What's wrong with your sound at the moment?
How do you want it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I use a vox vt30 , My guitar sounds too muddy and can't get good harmonics out , I want a sound like marty friedman's .
Quote by cursedtothebone
I use a vox vt30 , My guitar sounds too muddy and can't get good harmonics out , I want a sound like marty friedman's .
Straight away, your amp's the problem.

You'll need to get a medium-gain or naturally high-gain tube amp if you want that sort of responsiveness.

Also, 99.99% of the time when you can't get good harmonics ringing out of any guitar or amp, it's more to do with your technique than your gear. Clapton got pinch harmonics ringing out on the neck pickup through a low-gain tweed combo so go figure.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.