Page 1 of 2
So, I'm buying this bass off my friend, but I have no idea what it is. No binding, dot inlays, single jack. Here's a piccy to help:

Halp?
its either a 4003 or a 4001, google them both coz that thing is one of them.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Its good looking, thats all i could tell you about a ric.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by elliott FTW
its either a 4003 or a 4001, google them both coz that thing is one of them.

It's not. No binding, dot inlays, mono jack.
I thought it was just me getting error thingies.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Aidy Damage
Rickenbacker's entire site is fuxx0r3d.

Everything is broken!
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Except my new Rickenbacker. My Yamaha? Different story. Luckily, I have great friends who sell me stuff. He's probably sat at his laptop right now typing 'luckily, I have great friends who buy stuff from me'.

Oh, and it's a proper Rick. His name is to be Astley.
Quote by solid_moose
Its good looking, thats all i could tell you about a ric.

I, personally, have never liked the look of Rics. Lemmy's signature bass is the most horrible looking bass I've ever seen.
^ Don't come in here hijacking my thread just to say you don't like Rics. If you don't like them, don't go into a Ric thread.
Actually, that mono jack makes me suspicious. All ricks I ever have heard of have the characteristic double output jacks.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
As it says on that site, this is just a no-frills 4003. I remember Crispin saying something to me to that effect, but I was too high to take much notice.
Quote by gm jack
Actually, that mono jack makes me suspicious. All ricks I ever have heard of have the characteristic double output jacks.

the 4003S only has a mono jack
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Should have read the link properly. I stand corrected.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Thats perdy' , youre friend sure does wear it low, hiding something maybe.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Aidy Damage
^ Don't come in here hijacking my thread just to say you don't like Rics. If you don't like them, don't go into a Ric thread.

DISCUSSION board.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Except my new Rickenbacker. My Yamaha? Different story. Luckily, I have great friends who sell me stuff. He's probably sat at his laptop right now typing 'luckily, I have great friends who buy stuff from me'.

Oh, and it's a proper Rick. His name is to be Astley.

I hate you.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Could always be a 4001S.

Whatever it is, you lucky lucky man. How's your Ibanez (whichever one fell, I can't remember)?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
The Yamaha? It's fucked. The controls have all caved in, so I'll have to make some sort of 'control plate' for it or something.
Wow I want to see some pics of that damage! Is it properly caved in?
Last edited by kaptink at Jan 19, 2009,
How do people play with their bass so low like that?
It's uncomfortable and it doesn't look cool to me at all.
I play mine that low, if not lower!

Last edited by Aidy Damage at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Aidy Damage
The Yamaha? It's fucked. The controls have all caved in, so I'll have to make some sort of 'control plate' for it or something.

Damn =[
At least it wasn't the ATK, I love that bass.

Also, playing that low isn't really more difficult if you're playing stuff that isn't jazz or anything. I always lower my strap as much as possible when playing punk, it just suits the genre to do so.

EDIT: You do have an ATK, don't you?
Last edited by Jonn0 at Jan 19, 2009,
I don't actually! Funny you should mention the ATK, though- I like them quite a lot and I was thinking of getting one before the Rick came along!
Quote by Aidy Damage
I don't actually! Funny you should mention the ATK, though- I like them quite a lot and I was thinking of getting one before the Rick came along!

Ah, I may have looked at your Yamaha and thought it was one. Either that or I've seen you mention them.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind picking up an ATK, They've got style.
In the unlikely event that Crispin decides he actually wants to keep the rick (he doesn't like it), then I'd get an ATK. I really, really like them.
How much are you getting it for?
He hasn't decided yet. He needs the money, so I tell him to ask for what he needs, but he doesn't want to rip me off because I'm a friend- bless 'im! I'll sneak him a little extra if he charges me too low.
If I had the cash, I would willingly give it all up for that bass, it's sexy as hell.
It is- and I shall love it forever. See, before I got to know Crispin, Queen Adreena had been my favourite band since about 2002. They've got a pretty small but dedicated fanbase, and I was one of them. Anyway, I was watching some of their vids today... I knew I'd seen it somewhere before...
Before you jump on this, check the neck. Make sure it's in decent shape. A lot of people who buy **** Ricks get ****ed over when it comes to the neck profile. The neck is REALLY important on a Rick, as it is highly sensitive. Check that truss rod.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Wasn't Chris Squire's Rickenbacker like that, with a mono jack and dot inlays? (Yes it was)

Wasn't his like a Rickenbacker 1999 or something like that? A budget model?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Page 1 of 2