um

I'm assuming college = US word for university? Or am i wrong?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
wow....
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Quote by GNR_Duff_rules
wow....

wow?

Someones not getting in either way...

EDIT: wow......
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
In the United States we tend to call it "college" as a broad term, though universities are large schools and colleges are small schools. I think there's an enrollment requirement for a school to be labeled a university.

EDIT: COMBO BREAKER?
Last edited by dudius at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Craig01
wow?

yep

wow.....
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Quote by KlassikMetal666
College and University are different.

College = Diploma

University = Degree

I hate to break it to ya, but you can get BA's even from community colleges....and have you heard of private colleges? Some of those have Masters programs.
Some american universities are split into colleges....

for example the College of LS and A at UofM
Quote by ironman1478
Quote by ProfessorJim
Quote by KlassikMetal666
College and University are different.

College = Diploma

University = Degree

wow.....
Quote by ironman1478
Quote by ProfessorJim
Quote by dudius
I hate to break it to ya, but you can get BA's even from community colleges....and have you heard of private colleges? Some of those have Masters programs.
Ok, I'm 16 give me a break.
Quote by GNR_Duff_rules
Some american universities are split into colleges....

for example the College of LS and A at UofM

Oops, I forgot to mention this...aren't most actually split into colleges? I know every universtiy in Michigan is split into different colleges for arts and pharmacy and dentistry and so on.

Quote by KlassikMetal666
Ok, I'm 16 give me a break.

Sorry, I guess I'll give you a break
Last edited by dudius at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Stop it. Go do that on /b/.

wow...
Quote by ironman1478
Quote by ProfessorJim
Quote by dudius
In the United States we tend to call it "college" as a broad term, though universities are large schools and colleges are small schools. I think there's a enrollment requirement for a school to be labeled a university.

EDIT: COMBO BREAKER?

O i c, so does that mean that its more difficult to get into a university over a 'college' (college as in the smaller schools)?

Quote by slafoo
Someones not getting in either way...

I'm already in university :P.

Sorry for the dumb question its just that in Australia there are only really universities, government owned 'TAFE' and i guess obscure colleges.

Quote by dudius
Oops, I forgot to mention this...aren't most actually split into colleges? I know every universtiy in Michigan is split into different colleges for arts and pharmacy and dentistry and so on.
I guess you could look at it like that. Most universities have different colleges that specialize in different fields like what you mentioned, but they're still part of the same university. Other colleges like mine have different "colleges" with different GE requirements and stuff too, but I digress.
Quote by burndttoast
I guess you could look at it like that. Most universities have different colleges that specialize in different fields like what you mentioned, but they're still part of the same university. Other colleges like mine have different "colleges" with different GE requirements and stuff too, but I digress.

God I hate GE requirements....I'm attending a community college (for starters) because I don't wanna be up to my eyes in debt after I finish school, but no matter what program you're in, you have to get some Physical Education credits, which I think is BS. I would prefer to take four four-credit hour classes per semester and be full time rather than take a bunch of classes worth one-credit hour.

Luckily there are classes like Snowboarding, Bowling, and Lifeguard Training (I went through the same stuff when I got certified a few years ago).
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Stop it. Go do that on /b/.

Well now he can go do that on the forum of the /b/anned.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Well now he can go do that on the forum of the /b/anned.

I don't know how that happened...

>_>

<_<

On topic: actually, I was always confused about the whole "college" terminology thing... But that's because I'm from Belgium, so English isn't my first language, and there are also differences in the US and UK terminology, so...

In Belgium, "college" means secondary education, though, the 6 years before you go to university.
Stop picking on the TS, it's a fair question. Not everyone here lives in the United States, hell, I'm not even that sure on how you guys differentiate them. Sometimes I hear them used interchangeably, other times they appear different.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
In Belgium, "college" means secondary education, though, the 6 years before you go to university.

Same here.
Some of you guys obviously don't realize that there are different terminologies around the world...

in the US college refers to a 4 year institution where you can get a bachelors degree post high school (or secondary school, whatever you want to call it), basically a school for undergraduate education. I think that's the best way I can describe it. I mean, "college" can refer to anything from a large university which has both undergraduates and graduate students or a small liberal arts college which caters to just undergraduate college students.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 19, 2009,