It has been announced that the fat Swedish guy that plays really fast and well and the most influential hard rock band are to perform in the Tokyo Forum (a live venue larger than budokan) in April for the first time.
I'm sort of excited for this, you barely see something like this.

Is it old news? Then sorry.
Apologize that the link is in Japanese.

But I'm not going, I'm going to see Eric Clapton in Budokan in about a month and I'm excited for that also.
A big 100 dollar concert in two months is too huge and beefy for me.
Quote by Magero
Not metal.
For either band.
Buhbye now.

Yngwie Malmsteen is Glam Metal, and Deep Purple is Metal by 1970s standards
Quote by Magero
Yngwie goes in the shred forum.
Deep Purple goes in the classic rock forum.
Learn to read.

there are just too much forums in this site

but they are both heavy metal anyway or whatever you believe, so shut it
Quote by Magero
You still have to follow the forum rules.
Ignorance of the rule doesn't not excuse breaking of said rule.
So shut it.

I'm not showing any disobedience, I am following the rules.
I know, and the rest of the world, that both Yngwie Malmsteen and Deep Purple are applicable for Heavy Metal in any standards.
When making a Led Zeppelin thread, we can do that on the heavy metal, blues-rock, classic rock, and etc. of the threads out there.
You and your cheap-ass denials that either of them are heavy metal don't mean nothing to the Forum rules.
I consider Deep Purple to be metal, but holy shit, get out of here
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by radomu

LOLOLOL Not here they aren't.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Because... YJM isn't REALLY metal. He's mostly neoclassical shred. Deep Purple is closer, but is still classic hard rock.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by radomu

As having a bit more patience than Magero, I'll have to repeat what has been said on here many, many times.

As the metal forum is the largest sub-forum, there are some things that have to stay outside it for traffic reasons. That's why, for example, most metalcore bands would be discussed in the hardcore forum, even if some have obviously stronger metal sound, and others lean further to the hardcore sound.

Deep Purple and Malmsteen, as far as this forum is concerned, would fit better - if marginally - into other forums as mentioned before. Part of this is again for traffic reasons, and part because their music suits better to the places they've been allocated here.

Would be a fun show I'd imagine.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
As having a bit more patience than Magero, I'll have to repeat what has been said on here many, many times.

As the metal forum is the largest sub-forum, there are some things that have to stay outside it for traffic reasons. That's why, for example, most metalcore bands would be discussed in the hardcore forum, even if some have obviously stronger metal sound, and others lean further to the hardcore sound.

Deep Purple and Malmsteen, as far as this forum is concerned, would fit better - if marginally - into other forums as mentioned before. Part of this is again for traffic reasons, and part because their music suits better to the places they've been allocated here.

Would be a fun show I'd imagine.

Traffic reasons?
Now I did not know that

Yeah, I think it would be a fun show.
I want to see malmsteen belting smoke on the water out with Gillian.
Yeah, then yngwie would ruin the song with boring as hell licks and over the top bends at the 21st fret. Ouch, my ears. TOO SHRILL.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, then yngwie would ruin the song with boring as hell licks and over the top bends at the 21st fret. Ouch, my ears. TOO SHRILL.

oh lord, the idea of him playing Speed king