Whats a walking bass line? I cant read sheet music, so where would I find some tabs of one?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

bassmasta has alot of walking bass tabs
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Im sorry, bassmasta? Could you add a link?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Walking basslines are mostly improvised. They're sometimes notated (especially in high school bands and that type of setting) and I don't want to meet the person who tabbed a walking bassline. There's an excellent thread (that I coincidentally co-wrote) on walking lines floating around if you want to take the time to read it.
walking basslines are basslines that consist mostly if not completley of quarter notes and ascends and descends through a scale while connecting chords. this is common, especially in jazz music, and is done on both electric and standup basses. dave brubeck would be good to listen to if you want to hear walking basslines.
listen to all my loving by the beatles thats a walking bassline.

EDIT: What about that Miles Davis song So What? Theres a walking bassline in that.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Last edited by SoftParade1967 at Jan 19, 2009,
Walking basslines pretty much use scale/arpeggio patterns to connect the chords of a song. I can't improvise them that well because I've relied too much on sheet music, but they're REALLY fun to play.
Walking Away by Streetlight Manifesto. Alot of ska has walking bass lines, Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish etc. They are really fun.

EDIT: A real easy simple walking bassline that alot of people do, even me, is Root, 3rd, 5th, 3rd. So in the key of A maj it would be A C# E C#, as quarter notes, or eighth notes, or whatever.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Last edited by JF-SH1 at Jan 19, 2009,
Listen to Rock and Roll keyboards ie Jerry Lee Lewis's left hand boogie on 'Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On', that is the basis of Walking, Rocking, Blues etc basslines.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I you really want a tab, here's a fairly horrible example as far as real walking bass goes, but it's one I'm sure lots of people recognize and I'm sure there will be tabs for it: Longview by Green Day. Please note this is just for the sake of tabs. I'm sure there are also some ska songs with decent walking bass you could find tabs for. If you want to hear real walking bass in all it's glory, though, listen to some jazz.