The title sounds retarded I know, but most of the picks I have wear down really fast with my playing.
And then they catch on the strings and it makes the playing all messed up and it's very annoying.

I think I'm obviously using the wrong picks (tortex, adagio mostly thin ones) so would picks would be ideal?
I use stubby's / small stubbs but I dunno, I like em.

Will try out the jazz ones when I get the opportunity
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
I use stubby's / small stubbs but I dunno, I like em.

Will try out the jazz ones when I get the opportunity

Looked them up and they're supposed to be good, do you sue the 2.0mm ones?
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
I use Pickboy black 0.75 by the dozen. They're hardish and thin so they don't last long but are 'live' enough for me. I tend to hold with quite a bit of side tension to make them even harder in use. Keeping a spare on the guitar(s) is good but not all designs are easy to do that with. One time I tried holding the spare in my mouth but forgot about it and took a gulp without thinking. Guitarist choking on stage adds to the entertainment.
the problem with stubbies are if your hands get sweaty the slip right out. So i would advice not to use them, just for that reason.
There great picks other than that, and i think im going to email dunlop and tell them about this problem.
i used stubbies, the 3.0 mms in fact, but they just would just slip right out, not ideal for performing, AT ALL.
try using the back of your pick, too(the rounded part)
and try jazz Is, IIs, and IIIs
Quote by Lurcher
I use Pickboy black 0.75 by the dozen. They're hardish and thin so they don't last long but are 'live' enough for me. I tend to hold with quite a bit of side tension to make them even harder in use. Keeping a spare on the guitar(s) is good but not all designs are easy to do that with. One time I tried holding the spare in my mouth but forgot about it and took a gulp without thinking. Guitarist choking on stage adds to the entertainment.

Dunlop Pick Holder.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-Scotty-Pick-Holder-100281779-i1165811.gc
Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be caught dead without that thing attached to the back of my headstock.

To the OP here, try Fender medium Celluloids, the red ones. Also look into Dunlop Tortex Sharp .88s or Tortex Standard 1.14s
Dunlop Jazz III's, thick ones for more bass. Sharpen the tips for massive attack.
Quote by MRavioli
Dunlop Jazz III's, thick ones for more bass. Sharpen the tips for massive attack.

You should see my filed down pick Mutilated piece of **** but it gets the job done