Well A buddy of mine is offering to give me one his guitars as a gift and i have to chose between the two listed....In your opinion which would be a better choice. Both guitars look nice the Schecter has Active EMG 81/85 setup & the Jackson has Seymour Duncans(Not Ducan Designed) and a whammy bar. My music taste is pretty broad so idk....
Thanks in adv
If you're prepared to switch pickups take the Schecter
depend on which one feels better when you play it i would go with the schecter but tats because jacksons ar kind of tiny
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Tell your friend you want the Seymours in the Jackson and the Schecter Body. But seriously, the schecter is probably a better guitar; just I don't like EMGs... but maybe you do?
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
I'd take the Jackson. Schecters just don't do it for me. Play both, the necks are very different.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
i have both a schecter and that same model of jackson.

get the schecter

schecters just have that "feel" that makes them so well built
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by krazydrummer
i have both a schecter and that same model of jackson.

get the schecter

schecters just have that "feel" that makes them so well built

And Jackson's don't?
RULE BRITANNIA
My local GC is stocked full of Jacksons and Schecters. No matter what, I usually end up playing one or the other every time I go in there. From my personal experience, It depends on what you want. Schecter is a decent guitar, but they're frets are just too thick, especially at the high end of the fretboard where it looks like the notes would just die out because of so little space in between the frets. The necks kind of just feel wrong, and they look too stubby, kinda like the midget of guitar necks. EMG's are nice, if you're playing really loud brash kind of metal. Idk, in my opinion, Jackson is the better choice. Thinner neck, a little faster and easier to play on, Seymour Dunc's. SD pickups have a reputation for being incredibly more versatile in terms of tone and sound. It depends on what you're wanting to play, exactly. If you're looking for stripped-down, balls-to-the-wall metal, Schecter; if you're looking for a nice heavy tone with a lot of versatility and options for other types of music, go Jackson. It's ultimately up to you, my man.
Theyre both well built. If you play all styles of music, Duncans would suit you better than EMG's. Also, keep in mind that Jackson necks also are smaller than Schecter necks.

Jackson all the way. I've played many DK2's and I like them a lot, but schecters are just kind of meh in my opinion. I HATE the fact that schecter puts EMG's in like every guitar... they're not that good. A high output passive pickup is much more versatile
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
And Jackson's don't?

Honestly, I have never tried a Jackson I have liked.
I hate the feel. I can't stand the necks.
Every schecter I have tried, on the other hand, I have loved.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I used to have a DK2T and it was a fantastic guitar. MIJ > MIK
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by gucio93
Honestly, I have never tried a Jackson I have liked.
I hate the feel. I can't stand the necks.
Every schecter I have tried, on the other hand, I have loved.

haha this, although im not hating as much
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212