Poll: What do you consider your self?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you consider your self?
Guitar/bass player
4 10%
Guitarist/bassist
7 17%
Musician
20 48%
Artist
11 26%
Voters: 42.
Do you consider yourself a guitar/bass player, guitarist/bassist, musician or artist?
Why?

Personally i consider myself a musician, because I dabble on a couple things other than guitar and i know a lot about theory.
Last edited by CHOCOmoney at Jan 19, 2009,
I know a bit about theory, but I do not play any other instruments from guitar, so I'll just say guitarist.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Why do people feel so compelled to attach labels to what they do, rather than simply "doing".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why do people feel so compelled to attach labels to what they do, rather than simply "doing".

No idea
Quote by steven seagull

cause its all about state of mind, if you think of yourself as some who plays guitar, thats al you are, but if you think of yourself as an artist you open all kinds of creative flow and it brings emotion into play
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Quote by CHOCOmoney
cause its all about state of mind, if you think of yourself as some who plays guitar, thats al you are, but if you think of yourself as an artist you open all kinds of creative flow and it brings emotion into play

... Or you just use different words and it means nothing at all.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
... Or you just use different words and it means nothing at all.

+2
Give him a bit of credit, the only thing wrong with that is "someone who plays guitar" is already a label, for guitarist, which by definition means you are by extension all of the above, with varying degrees of skill. You just might not be a particularly outstanding one.
Once We Were Anarchists
Artist.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I see myself as Peter Pan, thus I can now further expand my creativity which means flying without wings.

If I die you pay my insurance.

But seriously,

I work as an artist as in I play guitar to try out new creative ideas.

I don't see myself as anything except when I look into the mirror.

I don't really care how I see myself, I care about what I do yes, but it's so vague. I don't have to see myself as something to do something.

I just do it.

Or as ur new president says.

Yes I can!!!

lolol

Ask lame question get lame answer

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 19, 2009,
Well, I don't think I'm an artist. Being "artsy" is probably the most un-Sue thing imaginable, bunch of God damn hippies. Am I a musician? I do write a lot of music and I've written music for instruments other than the guitar such as the voice and the violin, but I can only play the guitar. I can't read standard notation, either, and the "musical purists" (ie the pricks in jazz and classical music) always tell me to shut the hell up. I suppose that doesn't allow me to be a musician. I consider "guitarist" to be gramatically superior to "guitarist," so I suppose I fit into option #2. However, I don't just play the guitar. I do math; I research oncology; I play basketball; I check "other" on documents that ask me to identify my race, and then where is asks me to specify, I just type a space. So to answer this question, I'll check my current Facebook status.

"Sue heard the world ask, "Save us," and whispered back, "No."

I forgot that I think that Watchmen movie looks pretty good, certainly better than The Spirit.

So that's me in a nutshell. On second thought, this is me in a nutshell more or less.
I play guitar, bass and I compose for my band, so I'd say musician
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I consider "guitarist" to be gramatically superior to "guitarist,".

And The Spirit is terrible.
Quote by CHOCOmoney

With all due respect, that just looks like a load of pretentious old bollocks to me
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It varies. If I'm making art music, I'm an artist, If I make non-art music, I'm a musician. If I'm doing exercises, I'm just a guitarist.

What's the difference between a guitar player and a guitarist? Apart from the former being more akward in conversation than the latter.