I have been playing for 4 months, and I can only play the regular riff by itself, none of the small little fills thrown in. Any tips for play them?
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Start slow then speed it up.

So use a metronome? It will still be kinda weird to play since the fills almost seem off-beat from the rest of the riff.
Quote by SecretAgentS
So use a metronome? It will still be kinda weird to play since the fills almost seem off-beat from the rest of the riff.

Yeah, you could. That helps sometimes. But just take the parts that are giving you trouble and just play them over and over. Start slow, then build up speed. You'll get the hang of it.
Strats & Seagulls
also if its guitar pro tab i play it with the different speed settings

find that rly useful, like run through the tricky bits a few times at half speed, bump it up to 75% etc etc
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Yeah, you could. That helps sometimes. But just take the parts that are giving you trouble and just play them over and over. Start slow, then build up speed. You'll get the hang of it.

I could probably play them full speed, but the transition between the fill/riff always screws me up. Should I start at the last beat in the riff measure and just keep practicing that and the 2 beats in the next measure?
Look, you're a beginner.
Of course it's gonna seem very hard to you.
Looking back, I would have found it very difficult to.

But now I could easily play something like that.

It's just practice and dedication.
Slowing it down in Guitar Pro is what helps me.