Page 1 of 2
and because I have the whole day off school AND work, I will play Black Metal the entire day in his honor.

When I woke up, I started out soft, with some Summoning, and I am about half-way through At the Heart of Winter.

I want to build up in intensity until I am finally listening to Darkthrone.

Suggestions of what I should do next?
do your homework.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
You really made a thread about this? =/
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Hell yeah dude!
That's a f*ckin great tribute idea...
Meshuggah- technically maybe not black metal... but it's close enough!
Bleed is a kick ass song by them.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Great idea! I'll start off with some Stormblast-era Dimmu Borgir, then move to some Emperor, then possibly some old Mayhem. Hey, since a black man gave us this day off, it's only fair to play Black Metal all day long!

Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by The Kreator

I'll put this on next. Tr00 Black Metal.

LOL What band is that!??!
Quote by cgolden
Hell yeah dude!
That's a f*ckin great tribute idea...
Bleed is a kick ass song by them.

Meshuggah is nothing even remotely similar to black metal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Gorgoroth for martin luther king!
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
There He Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's Severed-metal!!!!!!!!! Leave Me Alone!!!!!!

Where'd he go??? He was just THERE!!!
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Last edited by MetalOblivion93 at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by cgolden

Are you fucking deaf?

This thread lacks the ol' pinch of Dead-Fish salt.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
Give me a reason why it doesn't.

Why shouldn't a thread that has very racist tones, and is about what you listen to because of Martin Luther King be allowed? Quite frankly its just a thread saying "hey I'm listening to this-what are you guys listening to at the moment?". In that case it requires a search.

Give me a reason why a thread about MLK should be on the metal board? What aspects of MLK relate to metal music, and why does that justify its own thread?
Look, the dude had a good idea, and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it and no reason to not have it in this forum. If we want to celebrate MLK day by listening to black metal or posting something about it, then let us. If you don't like it get out. Don't bring the political/racial **** into it.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
How does this thread have racist tones? Just mentioning somebody's race counts as racism these days?

I don't understand why people get so bitchy over 'incorrect' threads. If it causes you that much displeasure, maybe just refrain from reading it. SURELY you have something better to spend your time on.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Quote by MetalOblivion93
Look, the dude had a good idea, and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it and no reason to not have it in this forum. If we want to celebrate MLK day by listening to black metal or posting something about it, then let us. If you don't like it get out. Don't bring the political/racial **** into it.

I brought the racism up because of which reason? Because you said you were going to go listen to that band due to their skin complexion? Or was it because black metal was used as a play on words?

EDIT: And my main point was that this doesn't belong in the metal forums (I didn't say at all on the internet, or UG forums did I)? Mainly because it has nothing to do with metal music. It warrants being on a metal board as much as Trivium does.
Last edited by FifthHorsemen at Jan 19, 2009,
I said that jokingly because there aren't many blacks in metal. Does saying that make me racist? It shouldn't, but if it does then I'm obviously not properly prepared for the world. Learn how to take a joke.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
I think its funny. You can call him ignorant/racist if you want. maybe some people need to lighten up a bit...
Quote by Mezmerized
Am I going to hell for listening to Enslaved right now?

Thank you so much for posting that. I am going to have a smile on my face for the rest of the day.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Quote by Firenze
You really made a thread about this? =/

seriously..
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by Mezmerized
Am I going to hell for listening to Enslaved right now?

+1

On the subject of bands you should listen to, try and look up The Black.

It's a side project of some of the guys in Vinterland. They just have one album, called Alongside Death.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Quote by SquareNothing
On the subject of bands you should listen to, try and look up The Black.

It's a side project of some of the guys in Vinterland. They just have one album, called Alongside Death.

They have 2 albums

I'll check them out once Inferna is done.
I'm gonna listen to Death Magnetic in honor of Barack Obama.

"THE SLAAAAAAAAAAVE BECOMES THE MAAAAAASTER-AH!"
Page 1 of 2