Hi all, I've been doing some research trying to see if it is worth putting a trem on my LTD Eclipse that doesnt require any routing other than a locking nut. I've looked at different models, and the Schaller trem seems decent since it just uses the stock bridge posts.

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/upload/C284b1606X115c7cf1a7bXY512a/1193059074314/Aufbau_Les_Paul_tremolo2.jpg
http://schaller-guitarparts.de/upload/C284b1606X115c7cf1a7bXY5178/1193059039734/Aufbau_Les_Paul_Tremolo1.jpg

The only thing I would like to know is how well they stay in tune and what kind of range do they have (i.e for divebombs and pulls). I'm willing to work out how to get a locking nut on if the trem is woth getting.
1. sell your current eclipse.
2. buy the new floyd rose ltd eclipse.
3. ???
4. Profit!!!
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by tdrules
1. sell your current eclipse.
2. buy the new floyd rose ltd eclipse.
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

Very long winded but hilarious

TS; you wouldn't need a locking nut for your guitar at all, if you want tuning stability invest in locking tuners.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Haha, I though of that, but I'm a little low on cash right now, if I had lots of money I would buy a new Alexi

To reply to the other post, would the nut not make tuning problems since it will probably bind to the strings?
Quote by Metalfan41
Haha, I though of that, but I'm a little low on cash right now, if I had lots of money I would buy a new Alexi

To reply to the other post, would the nut not make tuning problems since it will probably bind to the strings?

1) The vibrato listed isn't a floating bridge, so a locking nut is pointless as it's been designed for use without one.

2) Locking nuts are ONLY for use with double locking vibratos. This is due to when tightening the strings down with it, it'll go out of tune slightly and which is rectified by the use of the fine tuners.

The vibrato you listed is neither a double locking vibrato and doesn't have fine tuners.

All you'd need for that extra peace of mind is locking tuners.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Thanks, guess its not worth it really. Might as well save my money and buy a good guitar with a Floyd built in. I'm jazzing for a new guitar since the new ESP models came out this year.
Quote by Metalfan41
Thanks, guess its not worth it really. Might as well save my money and buy a good guitar with a Floyd built in. I'm jazzing for a new guitar since the new ESP models came out this year.

Fair enough

Though if you like your guitar, keep it! Can never ever have enough guitars

E-Married to Funny_Page
Haha I know, I'm deffiantly going to keep it, already put some money into it so I dont see why I would sell it. I'm either going to buy a new one or build a custom one with a neck I have from my old guitar.