Yamaha Virago 535

Velocette Venom Thruxton

My Tomos A3K
Last edited by PowerHorse at Jan 19, 2009,
That second one is sick.

*Doesn't have a motorbike to show*

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Triumph Dayatona 675 is my ultimate dream, unfortanely i waste all my money and electronics, rent, and fast food :-( But once i get full time job after school its going to be mine.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by St.Loony
This was to show off wasn't it?

Nope, just a thread for us biker-enthusiasts!
PowerHorse, does that first bike you posted have any balls???? i can't imagine that hting moves very well, but atleast its pretty damn sexy
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

0.5 BHP

I got her going 12mph down a hill once with the wind behind me.

Edit: Oh and that's me with my fridge.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by dannyniceboy
PowerHorse, does that first bike you posted have any balls???? i can't imagine that hting moves very well, but atleast its pretty damn sexy

I got up to 110 with a mate on the back and it was still climbing slowly but I ran out of road I've modded it and such so the original version would only have about 37bhp but now it has 45
I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it
Quote by Vikingx
I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it

PINK FLOYD *bows*
You do realize that the vast majority of UG don't have motorbikes and would in fact wet themselves if ever allowed near one? I passed my test last summer, haven't gotten a bike yet and I won't until I'm through the retarded 2 year restriction period, then I plan on getting a CBR600RR.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by PowerHorse
I got up to 110 with a mate on the back and it was still climbing slowly but I ran out of road I've modded it and such so the original version would only have about 37bhp but now it has 45

I don't know why they even make motorcylces with the v twin engines in them, i think they are just nostalgic or something because if i am not mistaking in line engines are much more efficient in gas consumption and power output.

also +1 to the cbr600 guy those bikes are ****in mean, too bad they are 10,000+
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Quote by dannyniceboy
I don't know why they even make motorcylces with the v twin engines in them, i think they are just nostalgic or something because if i am not mistaking in line engines are much more efficient in gas consumption and power output.

also +1 to the cbr600 guy those bikes are ****in mean, too bad they are 10,000+

The V-Twin offers up tons more low end and mid range torque than an equal size 4 cylinder could ever dream of. At cruising speed a 600cc 4 cylinder might be making 25 ft lbs of torque, whereas a 800-1000cc V-Twin might be making 50 ft lbs of torque at the same speed.

MOST ppl that buy crusiers just want to take it easy and don't want to work the transmission that much just to pass someone on the highway. Some cruisers you can leave it in top gear at any speed above 40 mph, instead of having to downshift 4 times to get into your powerband.

V-Twins also offer the sound and vintage looks that are expected in a cruiser. They are better on gas than a comparable 4 cylinder, USUALLY. The 4 cylinders have to run at 4-5K RPM to do the same work that the V twin is just barely having to chug above idle..... you have to feed those racing cylinders.

Some riders like a little bit of vibration to let them know that they are riding something other than a high output sewing machine, some don't.......

Some companies make muscle cruisers, such as the Yamaha V MAX, which has a V4 engine design, or the Harley V-Rod, which I know from experience RIPS!!

Different strokes for different folks.
Quote by PowerHorse
Some riders like a little bit of vibration to let them know that they are riding something other than a high output sewing machine, some don't.......

Nicely put. I've gotta say I do love cruisers, it's a pity I can't find any I like or I'd pick one up instead of a CBR.
the vibration is for the ladies ridin on the back lol... I see where you are coming from with most things you are saying, except they are not as gas efficient as inlines because they have an extra step or two before they power the wheels (I cant remember what this step is, but it has something to do with the noise they produce)..

Also with the exception of a few Yamahas, any cruser worth buying is going to be over 15,000 dollars, i have heard they offer a far more comfortable ride then sports bikes but I cant get over the lower performance and higher price.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Last edited by dannyniceboy at Jan 19, 2009,

i hate being 16...
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by dannyniceboy
the vibration is for the ladies ridin on the back lol... I see where you are coming from with most things you are saying, except they are not as gas efficient as inlines because they have an extra step or two before they power the wheels (I cant remember what this step is, but it has something to do with the noise they produce)..

Also with the exception of a few Yamahas, any cruser worth buying is going to be over 15,000 dollars, i have heard they offer a far more comfortable ride then sports bikes but I cant get over the lower performance and higher price.

Performance isn't everything.