Hi,

I have bought a am fender strat and i think he really sounds horrible on my amp. I just don't know the problem. Before i have always played with humbucker pickups on a jackson.

So, my amp is hughes and kettner 60 watt blue edition. And I was realy proud of his sound in combination with the jackson (just a crap guitar). But sinds i bought my fender ( 2 months ago) I don't like him anymore. all sounds of the fender are sounding way to sharp. I have changed all setting on my amp and wen i just found that ultimate nice sound on the neck pickup for ex. It sound terrible with the middle pickup. I Have tryed to find some well known amp EQ sets from some well sounding guitarplayers, but nothing is sounding very well. There is always that sharp, ear-paining sound, even on neck pickup with treble and mid turned down. Realy strange. And when before i like to play with my reverb turned open, i allready stopt that becouse it helped just a little bit, with took away a nice part of my sound. Nowadays I had just put my fender away an played again on the 100 dollar jackson.

I'm thinking of buying a new amp, but do someone know this problem?
Great thanks and sorry for my bad writing.

Now, i'm even thinking about buying a new amp.
could be the change from HH to SSS that you're not liking the sound of. throw some humbuckers in your strat before you buy a new amp because it's most likely just the pickups making it sound unappealing to you.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Its probably just the single-coils. Maybe switch to some hotter single-coil pickups, like Lace Sensor reds, or put a single-sized humbucker in your guitar, like an SD JB Jr. or Duckbucker.
Single coils have much more treble. I don't generally suggest this but get an EQ pedal to tame the high end.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Sounds like a bad matching of an amp and a guitar. A quick EQ pedal should fix it though. Normally I dislike EQ pedals, but that looks like the best choice here.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
thx, I just don't know what happened with this thing. I have been trying to get the sound better and found that when i'm playing on a low volume, the tone is brighter but also soft an smooth, hard to explain, just exelent. But, when i'm turning the volume up, most of the high sounds stay and make some crappy twang sound in my ears. Problem is that i'm rehearsing with a band, so i have to put my volume quet high. work fine on until vol 6 and master 5. This is just almost half of total volume
normaly my EQ is set on bass:8 mid:4 treble:8,5 and reverb: 4. THis is wen i get the best sound out of my strat, not optimal but best. All other setting sound sharp if i go higher or don't powerfull enough if i go lower. And I don't know, but maybe it wil be beter if i turn op master an lower down my volume? I Have a bose ME-40 who can create some softer tones, but i like the original strat sound to much.
And i don't think it is the difference between hh and sss becouse i often had tryed strats in the shop an bought this one above a les paul or sth because of the clean bright strat tone that i like.
Quote by mikeyElite
could be the change from HH to SSS that you're not liking the sound of. throw some humbuckers in your strat before you buy a new amp because it's most likely just the pickups making it sound unappealing to you.

I think this is likely the issue. I like 311's custom custom rec for the bridge if you are looking for something similar tonally to the Jackson - it'll just be a lot better than the $100 Jack pup.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.