Should the poles in the pick ups that are fitted in a MIA Strat be flat or at different levels?
Well, there are many pickup questions, it usually depends on your financial situation,but IMO the best one (and most universal) is: Nice shoes, wanna ****?

Good luck in pickuping
Sliceer
Rrrrright...

Anyway, ttdriver, The answer to your question is; neither is wrong and with 99% of things to do with guitar it's all personal preference.

The reason for profiled pole peices is simple to balance the volume across the strings. Usually you'll find the G string to have the highest pole and the B string to have the lowest. This takes away some of the B's attack and adds some mid-range clout.

Some people of course prefer flat poles, like on a Tele's bridge pup. Those people would argue it lends a more solid sound. I am a strat player and like a '56 stagger, but as mentioned before, it's personal preference.

The non-trained ear won't notice much of a difference and will just take the pup/guitar as it comes.

It's just another thing to paly arounf with when on the endless quest for you tone...

I hope this helps a little

- Rich
Quote by Dookie_1988
Rrrrright...

Anyway, ttdriver, The answer to your question is; neither is wrong and with 99% of things to do with guitar it's all personal preference.

The reason for profiled pole peices is simple to balance the volume across the strings. Usually you'll find the G string to have the highest pole and the B string to have the lowest. This takes away some of the B's attack and adds some mid-range clout.

Some people of course prefer flat poles, like on a Tele's bridge pup. Those people would argue it lends a more solid sound. I am a strat player and like a '56 stagger, but as mentioned before, it's personal preference.

The non-trained ear won't notice much of a difference and will just take the pup/guitar as it comes.

It's just another thing to paly arounf with when on the endless quest for you tone...

I hope this helps a little

- Rich

Thanks you answer is most helpful

I have just got a new guitar through the mail and it is not set up very well and I had not actually seen profiled pick-ups before hence my question and obvious ignorance..........

I will NEVER buy mail order again......
Never say never. It's good sometimes and can get you a good deal, especially if you're looking to mod straight away.

But a lot of the time you're right, you want to fall for the guitar you buy, so it's best to get to a proper store and stroke a few.

Anyway, if you have any more queries, just give me a shout.

- Rich