Just bought one, need a couple things to concentrate on in learning to use it. Any tips are very welcome. Thanks!
Dude...Just play Bulls on Parade. Wicked tight when playing the one part after the intial intro.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
One thing I've noticed is that allot of people when using a wah, they will take it too far and go up and down ALLOT, personally I've always thought wah's sound better when you move them slowly or sometimes put them in a position and not move them at all, I just think it sounds smoother. But really it all depends on what your playing, it's just about experimenting with different things.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
like SurfinWithSatch said, the wah pedals are all unique. Depending what kinda sound you want to get out of it, a full out WAAAAAAAAAH to push it all the way down quickly, or to just let it flow with the song, maybe slowly bring it up and down to the beat of the song to give it a smooth flow. Its all about finding the sweet spot on the pedal and taking advantage of that.
You could try playing Tales of Brave Ulysses or White Room for a traditional use of the wah pedal. If you want to try something a bit different I am pretty sure a wah pedal was used on Dazed and Confused.
jimi hendrix used a crybaby, and steve vai, play like them oh and tom morello. and herman li.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Yeah, listen to Hendrix. And remember that it is not always about swinging your foot to the rhythm, sometimes it is all about expressivity. Practice being subtle and being wild.

Vary from small little swings to going to the very extremes.
you know whats fun to play with it, that you don't even have to move it - have it all the way up and rip out "money for nothing" dire straights intro

i just got one and when i was playing some chords on it, it sounded pretty cool, using it more as a filter than a wah...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Tales of Brave Ulysses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hLc_nqx8g

Voodoo Chile(Slight Return)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1Lvn5g62I

The two best Wah songs, ever made.

Don't forget White Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iZwHjfev-o
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Silver-spear94
jimi hendrix used a crybaby, and steve vai, play like them oh and tom morello. and herman li.

Hendrix actually used a Vox

Learn Voodoo Child, you'll regret it if you don't!