Yeah a friend of mine has been interested in a new guitar lately. He's pretty happy with his new amp but he still has a 4 year old Squier as his main guitar. Right now his band plays alot of modern metal, stuff like Bullet For My Valentine and Slipknot. So he's looking into buying an ESP LTD F-250 used from our local store for about $400.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-F250-Electric-Guitar?sku=516663

Anyone have experience with this? He tried it in the store and really liked it.

The reviews seemed alright as well but I was wondering if there was something better for the price. I guess high gain pickups and a floyd rose are things he is looking for and the budget will stay within $400.

Any advice is much appreciated.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
He could get a Schecter C-1 for under 400...I got my C-1 FR for 345
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
well if he likes it, thats what should matter. it isnt up to other people to decide what he prefers, and if he likes it, and doesnt think its too much, go for it. its a pretty nice model for the price too.
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
maybe the ESP laiho model its 469.99, but honestly if he tried it and liked it you shouldn't be trying to get him to get a different guitar. after all it is his decision. and i saw the laiho model on muscians friend after i clicked on the link and searched around under ESP
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Hmm, what about a Jackson Dinky or something similar. Maybe not SO metal, but its cheap and its got the floyd rose..

EDIT: Also has EMGs in them too, some have Seymore Duncans though..
yeah.....its a cool guitar.......i personally wouldnt want to play it if i had a choice between that and ,.........say.......a hagstorm but hey.........opinion only matters to the poeple whos asking right? and it looks like your buddys pretty swept of his feet by this one here......so.... do the math : P
I've got a feeling you're the person in question, not a friend.

It'd be a good guitar, fast actions, flat neck.
I'd choose one of the lower end Lagunas over it though, if that says anything.
I never said I wanted him to change his mind. He asked me if there were other options or guitars to check out, this was just one model he liked.

I see nothing wrong with showing him what's available, especially if that's the only guitar he has played.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions i'll mention the Schecter C-1 or the Laguna for him.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 19, 2009,
schecter sunset deluxe:
nice pups
quality LFR
nice neck
only $250 at musicians friend
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B