Trying to learn The Trooper by Iron Maiden and is it a single note gallop or is it a powerchord, or is it cause both Dave and Adrian are playing it and it sounds like a powerchord?
LOL
its just the single note on the.....5th string

i need to learn that aswell its so gonna total me
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
You CAN gallop power chords, dunno if the song calls for it though.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think I play it as a powerchord? Haha, I can't remember. Sounds good either way. I like the fullness of the powerchord though.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
you mean the verse??? it is a gallop powerchord just like in run to the hills.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
You can gallop power chords you just gotta push harder, but the trooper is only single notes
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by TSelman
The Trooper is Power chord, galloped.

is it a down down down gallop or down up down. Cause if its all 3 down's then its a lot more effort lol, just saying can down up down chords? without them sounding the other way when going up?
LOL
Quote by GoDrex
I play it as "chord - down up - chord - down up - chord - down up chord" etc... hoe that makes sense

This is the way I play it. It definitely sounds the best.
Quote by SiKh22
is it a down down down gallop or down up down. Cause if its all 3 down's then its a lot more effort lol, just saying can down up down chords? without them sounding the other way when going up?

Down-Up-Down ; Down-Up-Down ; Down-Up-Down

You get the picture.
For one Down-Up-Down, is the only way to fast and efficiently gallop (Raining blood, four horseman, and lotsa other stuff) second, when I play the trooper (and everyone Else I know thats a guitar player) I gallop the whole power chord,

Verse How I play it

E--------------------------------
A-5------5--7--777-777-777
D-7--5--5--9--999-999-999
G-7--7--7--9--999-999-999
B-----7--------------------------
E---------------------------------
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
For one Down-Up-Down, is the only way to fast and efficiently gallop (Raining blood, four horseman, and lotsa other stuff)
Raining Blood uses the reverse gallop and The Four Horsemen uses triplets, both of which are different rhythms than the gallop in The Trooper. Please read the link in my sig; it breaks down the three rhythms mentioned above.
dude, anything by iron maiden is a gallop
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Raining Blood uses the reverse gallop and The Four Horsemen uses triplets, both of which are different rhythms than the gallop in The Trooper. Please read the link in my sig; it breaks down the three rhythms mentioned above.

Well yes you can reverse gallop, I did forget that, but even if your doing triplets your still going to be picking down up down, or up down up.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
Well yes you can reverse gallop, I did forget that, but even if your doing triplets your still going to be picking down up down, or up down up.
A triplet should be played D U D U D U, not D U D D U D. If you can play those consecutive downpicks, downpick the whole thing. That link explains everything correctly.
Slayer does it extensively nowadays.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
I play The Trooper with all power chords, not chord-single-single. Awesome song btw! I'm coming back to it now to learn the 2nd solo because when I learned the song I only learned the first one .

If anyone can play it with all down strokes, post a vid and you will be my hero.