Anyone own one? I played one the other day with a Fireball. I didn't like the Fireball that much, but the cab looked and sounded great. A little pricey though. But they are from Europe.
Any thoughts. All the info I can find on the Celestion V60 speakers are that they have less midrange than a V30 with big tight lows and "silken" highs.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Nobody ??
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Eh, I was going to trade my 1960 + $100 for one, but I thought it sounded like crap for the price

The Engl Pro series is the only way to go imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Eh, I was going to trade my 1960 + $100 for one, but I thought it sounded like crap for the price

The Engl Pro series is the only way to go imo.
Yeah, I've been thinking about the Pro, but I already have a V30 loaded Mesa and wanted something else. The V60's have a more scooped midrange, but I'm worried the bass response will be a little....cloudy. It sounded decent when I demo'ed a Fireball with it. But I didn't like the Fireball, too much of a smooth, scooped voicing and the tone kind of "fell apart" at loud volumes. So, I think the amp had a lot to do with what I was hearing from the cab. Like I said the cab sounded decent, but I wasn't blown away.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't say it was crap, but it definitely sounded "cheap" for the price.

If you really want something different than your Mesa, I'd go for a Krank cab. Legends or Texas Heats sound sweet.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
How could you really say if the cab sounded great and the head didn't.

It's the exact same sound.
Huh ?
The Fireball sounded OK, but not my taste in high gain tone or voicing. The cab sounded decent, but not great. I also played Rockerverb through the cab. Again, decent but not great. I did like the RB better than the FB though. And I'm a high gain player!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't say it was crap, but it definitely sounded "cheap" for the price.

If you really want something different than your Mesa, I'd go for a Krank cab. Legends or Texas Heats sound sweet.
Yeah, my 400 watt H&K cab sounds similar to the Krank cab, and I'm not liking it after years of owning it.

The thing is, I'm looking for an 8 ohm mono 4x12 traditional size slant cab. I'm having trouble finding a quality built, good sounding 4x12 with all of these spec's. My Mesa kills tonewise, so I might just get another. shrugs But I'm exploring my options.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Jan 21, 2009,
Framus Cobra cab?

Greenies FTW.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Framus Cobra cab?

Greenies FTW.
Yeah, none available in my area though.
It's hard to find a Slant trad, size Mesa cab used. They are all oversized straight around here.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION